Safe

So I feel like a complete idiot for asking this but how can I download the m**** file as all the ways I have tried haven’t given me the file.

Type your comment> @Kiwi1281 said:

So I feel like a complete idiot for asking this but how can I download the m**** file as all the ways I have tried haven’t given me the file.

Try another port

Hi everyone, I’m already able to leak a libc adress using ret2plt ret2main technique, my ret2libc work localy buit unfortunately it’s not working remotely. Could someone pm me a way to get lib_c /bin/sh adress ?

Type your comment> @Leakme said:

Hi everyone, I’m already able to leak a libc adress using ret2plt ret2main technique, my ret2libc work localy buit unfortunately it’s not working remotely. Could someone pm me a way to get lib_c /bin/sh adress ?

Dont try to find something you have no idea where it could be. As already mentioned before, you CAN pass a string and use that, so you are relatively free what commands you can run on the victim.

Rooted ! Root was a bit annoying but learned how a certain app works.

user

Much has been said on the exploit. Write the string you want to execute to a memory address you know is writable and doesn’t change. Refer to the memory layout. And no, it’s not the stack.

root

Only one of the 6 hashes is correct. And I don’t blame the creator for choosing that password because that pretty much sums up the whole ordeal. :lol:

Type your comment> @limbernie said:

user

Much has been said on the exploit. Write the string you want to execute to a memory address you know is writable and doesn’t change. Refer to the memory layout. And no, it’s not the stack.

root

Only one of the 6 hashes is correct. And I don’t blame the creator for choosing that password because that pretty much sums up the whole ordeal. :lol:

■■■■, you’re definitely not wrong referring to the password. I had a massive “wtf” moment with that.

Fun box but I think RE + custom exploitation right off the bat for user might make this worth a few more points than “easy”. Root difficulty felt more appropriate.

User:
Use the source to find the very first foothold, it will point you to an interesting file.

Look into exploiting x64 linux BOF for tutorials. All the the libs needed to chain a payload are right in front of you. You can trick the program into asking for more. Trying to deliver a payload by file redirection is painful; there is a helpful python lib for pwning.

Root:
The box is pretty stripped down for setting up shop with the usual post-exploit tools. A handy low port is helpful if you add the key. All the files are right in front of you from user. 6 files; 6 hashes. Someone has mentioned --help on a certain tool to get the hashes; RTFM.

DM for additional help. ?

Type your comment> @Ripc0rd said:

Type your comment> @keyos1 said:

@Ripc0rd said:
Can anyone throw me a hint on root? Hashcat went through the whole rockyou and turned up blank?

If you have only 1 hash then you’re missing some information on how this app works.
Read about various ways and see how you can produce more than 1 hash.
When you have this you’ll get the creds really quick

got 6 hashes, but still not getting anything back?

Ok, I actually took some time to explore and found out that hashcat expects a bit different format for the hash depending on type of encryption and whether certain feature was used.
See example hashes example_hashes [hashcat wiki] and you’ll
figure out what you need to change in the hash for hashcat to work as well.
I guess that creator of the tool didn’t care about hashcat :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @BazSecOps said:

Type your comment> @Kiwi1281 said:

Try another port

did you refer the high port?

Thanks!

Finally got root!!
User was a little brainfuck for me since I was new to binary exploitation.
Root: learned about a certain app,
thanks to @Ripc0rd @keyos1 @Kucharskov @rewks for nudges. :smile:

Had problems getting the exploit to work properly despite being verified by some users. Ended up having to do it manually and I’d love to know why my original code didn’t work if you’re up for debugging it with me. PM Me

Hello, could anyone give me a nudge on the binary part? I think I’m close to it but can’t get it…

Well, even with your hints I struggle with user… May someone pm me :slight_smile:

Help me I’m getting crazy on this machine I’m still stuck on the track someone can send me a PM with a good tip

What’s the trick to getting a string into memory? No good mov gadgets as far as i can tell.

Finally root!!! What a journey… About 12 hours for user and only about 15 minutes for root… Thx to all the nice people here who helped me immense in getting user. Special shoutout to @toka @jimmypw and @Kucharskov You guys really rock the show!

User:

1. ippsec has a great video from 2015 about another CTF challenge which helps you a lot!!!
  2. Add the exploit to a file and execute it afterwards. Don’t do it on the fly via cli. This cost me maybe more than 2 hours.
  3. Find a way to exploit via leet port
  4. Leave an entry point

Root:
Everything already said. Everything you’ll need is right in front of you. Maybe the easiest root I’ve ever had!

Feel free to send me a PM, if you need some hints.

Type your comment> @munky99999 said:

What’s the trick to getting a string into memory? No good mov gadgets as far as i can tell.

So if you look at write4 on ropemporium, it talks both about the way you’re talking about as well as another way which you may find useful here.

Additionally, getting the string onto the stack shouldn’t be hard, getting the address of the stack passed as an argument should be, right? Or is it?

Type your comment> @limbernie said:

root

Best moment while rooting the machine, 10/10, would downrate it again

I really liked this box at least for the user. Learnt a lot of things about advanced BOF.

The frustrating part is that we could not used libc leak method remotely (through nc) but locally it works fine.

Of course since it’s an easy box you don’t have to go through libc leak but just use what is in front of you on m***p but If you want to extend your skillz I recommend u to try with the hard method anyway :wink: