fs0ciety hint needed

Can anyone pm a hint when one can’t understand what it means to smell the cooking?

Any hint to decrypt i use burp but i think its not a great idea

test

just completed this challenge if anyone need help fell free to pm :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

If anyone need hints, PM me :slight_smile: Its easy

I think I may have got something about cooking, but is there something else I need to do? I tried entering it as the flag but its not the right one.

make sure you’re surrounding your flag with the correct format

@FTNTT said:

@mi5hal said:
Make sure you dont make these mistakes made by me :expressionless:

1. Dont try to crack fs0ciety.zip instead of fsociety.zip.
  2. Dont use burp to decode…use some online decoder.

i have no idea how to decrypt the zip folder.can any one give some hint?

I may have done 1 for way to long. I even downloaded crackstations 1.5 billion passwords and though I was going to need to use it…

Hi can someone give me a hint what to use to convert the MDExMDE… to a normal ssh key?

please pm.

Guys, this app: CyberChef should help in general with a lot of your crypto needs. And yes, it is made by them…

I use rockyou as wordlsit but not work

resolve the step for zip password… now are in the next step

■■■■! done

Anyone tried it since r*y isn’t working?

Type your comment> @bruceHackBox said:

For me it doesn’t work as well }:frowning:

Could anyone give me a hint?

Cheers

Type your comment> @M1ndcr4ck said:

For me it doesn’t work as well }:frowning:

Could anyone give me a hint?

Cheers

Maybe try different tool or recheck the hash if you are using the classic tool :slight_smile:

Any tips on a wordlist I should use to crack the zip file? I’ve ran through a large number of them from the SecLists Github repo and so far haven’t found the password. I found a couple writeups on this challenge, and all of them are using rockyou. But rockyou isnt working for me. I’ve also tried using both fcrackzip and john (after zip2john)… Am I doing something wrong?

Ignore this. I never unzipped the outer zip file. Literally facepalming right now.

I managed to decrypt the SSH key (at least it looks that way as it it a very specific string), but when I submit it it says wrong flag. Is there any special format that I need to use in order to submit the text?

clue or hint from crypto bank heist??