RE

Type your comment> @Sp3eD said:

Type your comment> @farbs said:

Rooted! And had a great time with it, too. Pretty cool concept for a box :slight_smile:

Here are some hints for user/root:

User
Make sure you pay attention to the service that is running on the higher port. There’s one in particular that you can abuse specifically. As was mentioned above, it is rather realistic and closely related to phishing tactics.

Root
Extract. Pay attention to what is relative. Afterwards, you can abuse a service to act as who you want to be.

I did the machine and got root … but I don’t really understand your hints!!

There’s more than one method, my friend :slight_smile:

This box is lovely because there are several paths to root and there are many paths to discover that paths. We also have several possible directions that will not lead to result but still is interesting for learning.

Good box. Massively overcomplicated the initial entry point. Top tip, dont use ping to confirm code execution this time!

Path after user is interesting. I ended up on an unintended path which has it’s own issues.

GUYs I really need help here… found both Ports … but im not sure where to go…

I just started this box and I THINK I am on the right path to user. Does this have to do “making something unclear” and putting it on a higher port to run? Or is this a rabbit hole

I am stuck at the initial foothold. Is the recent X** vuln in the RE tool not the way to go? At least it does not work for me.

the comment in the hints I found were more like it was a misconfig for ghidra not the actual RCE due the the xml parser just my 2 sense

I have the user, I work for the root.

Finally I root the box is an excellent box thank you to the creator.

It’s a very good box, I can give you some advice to make this box a success.

User:

For the user I invite you to look on the blog, and enumerate, you can then perform manipulations to the server.

Root:

The root is more or less simple, you must look around you, and understand how the processing of files.

Finally I found the way to upload a malicious file but I cannot execute it. I need help or an indication

Watch on the blog what extension can be sent. :wink: @n1b1ru

Type your comment> @Seepckoa said:

I found them. I can upload a file and it gets my kali… Anyway I cannot execute it

Type your comment> @n1b1ru said:

I found them. I can upload a file and it gets my kali… Anyway I cannot execute it

I used a Payloadless file and maybe the problem is in saving the file to the right folder and/or to execute it in order to download the malicious payload from my kali

Finally rooted. It was quite a long fight:) Thanks @Seepckoa for help!
User part is straightforward if you read the web. For root - don’t stuck on enumeration for too long, try to understand how ALL files are processed.

i have user
tip: don’t complicate things as this can be time consuming !!!; the process is fairly simple as any other windows box

Can anyone PM me please? I try uploading the file but can not get what I want.

Thx For this box very real!!!

I would like to get this vm

My hints

user: the website is telling you all the hints to get user (is no ghidra) XD

ROOT: Here you will need a similar attack but in other format. Read everything that you can in the machine and try to understand what is doing (like others are saying). The final part of this, get the system shell and read this

Awesome machine really enjoyed

So the user part was pretty straight-forward after reading the stuff on the standard port and related information about it. I found the special directory and obviously something is doing things with the stuff put into that directory. A comment in the thing exploited for user stage suggests something about upstream expecting things in a certain format. I’ve found an application in Program Files but that is not a vulnerable version. The “native” application for the “expected format” is not installed (but might have been prior). I see there are more instances of a certain “powerful thing” running but can’t get a account it’s running under… this turns into some sort of guessing game as I am unable to find out what processes are spawned by that thing. Only thing I have on my mind now is some kind of “overwrite something using something wet and slippery” but if that fails it might brick the box.

I used a Payloadless file and maybe the problem is in saving the file to the right folder and/or to execute it in order to download the malicious payload from my kali

Did you get it ?
I got NTLMv2 credentials … can I do anything with this ? I don’t think we can PTH or ‘easily crack’ NTLMv2 .
I tried s…R…y without much success. Can anyone PM me ? Thanks