RE

RG8gd2UgbmVlZCB0byBiZSBjb25jZXJuZWQgd2l0aCB3aW5kb3dzIGRlZmVuZGVyPwo=

Type your comment> @aj8417 said:

RG8gd2UgbmVlZCB0byBiZSBjb25jZXJuZWQgd2l0aCB3aW5kb3dzIGRlZmVuZGVyPwo=

always

i just wanna know how it named malware_dropbox and flagged read only !

This machine is really broken

Is it just me or is there something wrong with the exploit?? I understand what I have to upload and my script to the .o** is correct, but every time I execute it, I get nothing?? Is there another attack path or is this just a rabbit hole???

Type your comment> @johnnyz187 said:

Is it just me or is there something wrong with the exploit?? I understand what I have to upload and my script to the .o** is correct, but every time I execute it, I get nothing?? Is there another attack path or is this just a rabbit hole???

Not a rabbit hole.

This machine is actually harder than i thought…
I cant really say much without spoiling it so yeah, here are some of my hints

Initial: Enumerate harder find what you should find, read it carefully and it could be the hint that you are looking for…

User: Do your usual enumeration when you see something, again read it carefully and think about it. It is one of the most common method of baiting through phishing . This part is rather realistic.

thanks to @0x4B696700 @TSB @DrexxKrag

rooted. I think there is more than one way to get root.

Type your comment> @Sp3eD said:

rooted. I think there is more than one way to get root.

Mind sharing me on how you get root? perhaps we got it differently…

awesome box, really enjoyed and learned something

Rooted! And had a great time with it, too. Pretty cool concept for a box :slight_smile:

Here are some hints for user/root:

User
Make sure you pay attention to the service that is running on the higher port. There’s one in particular that you can abuse specifically. As was mentioned above, it is rather realistic and closely related to phishing tactics.

Root
Extract. Pay attention to what is relative. Afterwards, you can abuse a particular service to get the shell you want.

I can find 2 open ports, am i missing a high end port ?

Type your comment> @rallyspeed said:

Refer to the “higher” port. Sorry, my description wasn’t as accurate as I could have made it. Two ports is correct.

Type your comment> @farbs said:

Rooted! And had a great time with it, too. Pretty cool concept for a box :slight_smile:

User
Make sure you pay attention to the service that is running on the higher port. There’s one in particular that you can abuse specifically. As was mentioned above, it is rather realistic and closely related to phishing tactics.

Root
Extract. Pay attention to what is relative. Afterwards, you can abuse a service to act as who you want to be.

I did the machine and got root … but I don’t really understand your hints!!

Refer to the “higher” port. Sorry, my description wasn’t as accurate as I could have made it. Two ports is correct.

Thanks, i need to look harder i guess as i found only one S** sh***

Thanks, i need to look harder i guess as i found only one S** sh***
any luck ? …Even I have gotten as far as you may have!! I may have some idea tho how to proceed

Type your comment> @Sp3eD said:

User

Root
Extract. Pay attention to what is relative. Afterwards, you can abuse a service to act as who you want to be.

I did the machine and got root … but I don’t really understand your hints!!

There’s more than one method, my friend :slight_smile:

This box is lovely because there are several paths to root and there are many paths to discover that paths. We also have several possible directions that will not lead to result but still is interesting for learning.

Good box. Massively overcomplicated the initial entry point. Top tip, dont use ping to confirm code execution this time!

Path after user is interesting. I ended up on an unintended path which has it’s own issues.

GUYs I really need help here… found both Ports … but im not sure where to go…