Forensics: MarketDump

2»

Comments

• Just solved this as well, quite an interesting challenge. Note that there are two of the same string, but there's plenty of numbers ;-)

Hit me up if you need assistance!

• Just got it after about an hour :) Lots of fun. Notepad++ was a great help.

• I do it in few minutes after while of consulting. Lots of fun with many text.
    If you wanna help - just PM me :)

If you need help with something, PM me how far you've got already and what you've tried. I won't respond to profile comments. And remember to +respect me if I helped you <3

• omg :( still with the hints from this topic I can't solve it yet ....

• hello friend,
    who could help me??
    thank you

• Tip: Analyze the evidence calmly, do not let the boredom take care of you !

• yuk - anyone? I have the data but I don't find the correct tool/ algorithm for the last step. (and I'm totally bored ;) )

• got it .. had the right content but somehow ... no worries, it's easy. CyberChef, again, is a good choice.

• I found 2 interesting numbers (well actualy more but 2 long ones) tried the Chef's magic but I get only gibberish as a result. Working on this for hours now .. what am I missing PM would be appriciated :smile:

• Hey, found the event quite easily. Can see what has happened but as others have said the question for this challenge is very misleading.

Anyway can I please get a nudge on the decoding of the string found? I've tried the usual common encoding forms and don't get anything back.
  • Was looking at the wrong numbers, found the right one and got it !

• Really cool challenge :) CyberChef! what a tool!

Hack The Box

• Type your comment> @Wolfstorm said:

Just solved this as well, quite an interesting challenge. Note that there are two of the same string, but there's plenty of numbers ;-)

Hit me up if you need assistance!

Thanks for the hint!

• Anyone can give me a hand to identify decoding method?

• COuple of hints:

1) 'strings'
    2) CyberChef should be your 'base'

• Not sure if I'm using the wireshark right way. Found the first string really quick, and CyberChef saves my ass again :-)

• Type your comment> @mach1ne said:

COuple of hints:

1) 'strings'
    2) CyberChef should be your 'base'

These two hints are the sufficient to solve the challenge.

• Found the Flag in 3 minutes. Searched on for another hour cause of what the flag said - thought it was a false one..

Hack The Box

I'm rarely online.

Sign In to comment.