Craft

rooted, If someone needs a nudge, pm with what you did and where you stuck exactly

Wow, I really like this box! Even though I needed nudges as I was overseeing the obvious things and began overcomplicating things and then followed the rabbit… ?

Wondering if v***t is a r-hole

Are the links supposed to resolve? I’m not getting anywhere on my foothold, here.

Edited to remove spoiler

Spoiler Removed

any nudge (apart from the Python one;)) will be appreciated.

are you guys using any tool for the initial foothold?

When i try to enumerate the tables i run command “show tables” but there is only one table “brew”

Type your comment> @conan said:

When i try to enumerate the tables i run command “show tables” but there is only one table “brew”

I saw another one too u***

@igaralf said:
are you guys using any tool for the initial foothold?

Just the source code for the vhosts and manual explore the present and the past :slight_smile:

and finally…

Last login: Mon Jul 22 07:53:36 2019 from 10.10.10.110
root@craft:~# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

Read through the lines. How is it fetching the rows, can you make this differently?

Edit: Should save my advice for when I’ve actually finished it, sorry!

Type your comment> @tbbt said:

I think that’s a rabbit hole, but take my words with a grain of salt as I haven’t finished this box yet.

its definitely not a rabbit hole

Box was very interesting :slight_smile:

Really nice box @rotarydrone - and for once, I didn’t have to ask @Leonishan for help - (although @Leonishan 's forum post ended up helping anyway). Good illustration of vulnerabilities that you see posts on Stack overflow warning about but are still likely to be ignored.

I am able to execute commands, but need a little nudge to move on. Anyone willing to help me, please PM me, don’t wanna spam everyone :slight_smile:

/e: Alright, got user. Now onto root…
/e²: Got it.

this was an amaaazing machine, i OVERCOMPLICATED things immensely with socat reverse proxies and whatnot, because i couldn’t get good data from the server. I got o the point where i found several internal hosts which weren’t supposed to be accessed going the intended way.

Type your comment> @Ketil said:

this was an amaaazing machine, i OVERCOMPLICATED things immensely with socat reverse proxies and whatnot, because i couldn’t get good data from the server. I got o the point where i found several internal hosts which weren’t supposed to be accessed going the intended way.

I am looking at reverse proxies right now… is that not how to proceed?

Very Fucking Funny box!!!

My hints:

user: enumerate in pages with sources. then try to read a about some vulnerabilities with the lenguaje programming. then, You don’t need scape from nothing even use al sources. After that, start again from the beginning.

Root: put an in the files on home. Read documentation about it.

Thanks for this box!