Haystack

Would appreciate a hint on the syntax for the final step to root :smile:

Edit:

Got Rooooooot :wink:

Rooted with a helpful nudge from @v0yager who saved me from my grokking nightmare.

For people stuck on changing user (paramater errors):

• Google K***** config file and read the documentation. You can find the file easily and should then understand why it’s not working from where you are trying it.
  • When you curl from the right place make sure you wrap the url in ' (as posted above). This will stop the apis paramater error.

I’m slow on replying to PMs currently but happy to help.

Hi, can someone help on the privesc part for root. I actually need someone to verify something for me if possible. Of course, a nudge would also be appreciated

@Meeryr thanks for your help

Is there supposed to be an actual image file on the homepage? For me, there is nothing displayed at all. When I go to the source code and follow the link, then download the image, it’s just an empty .jpg with 0 bytes. Is that supposed to be the case or is a reset in order?

Type your comment> @TimW94 said:

Is there supposed to be an actual image file on the homepage? For me, there is nothing displayed at all. When I go to the source code and follow the link, then download the image, it’s just an empty .jpg with 0 bytes. Is that supposed to be the case or is a reset in order?

there should be an image. although it is not needed for the box.

it does give a great HINT

Need some help with user priv upgrade to K.

when i speak to K i keep getting “empty reply from server”

to my knowledge i am doing everything correctly and have also spoken to some people in this forum and cannot find the problem.

if anyone has any ideas please PM me.

Finally rooted this one as well. I have really mixed feelings about this box. I’m a new user here (and this is the 4th user and 3rd root I got, sooooo yeah, pretty noob). But on the previous boxes I felt that “this could have been a real box that somebody just misconfigured/not updated/etc…” , not this one. I was stuck on the final step to root because who in their righ mind would put anything like that in the l******* config??

Hello there,
How do I dump the data from ElasticSearch DB?
I am stuck as I’ve tried installing “Kibana” as I’ve seen in some videos its used as an API to interact with ElasticSearch I guess.
I tried searching “10.10.10.115:9200/_search” and it provided me with a bunch of information. What do I need to do now?
Any help is appreciated.
Thank You!

Type your comment> @shellroot said:

Hello there,
How do I dump the data from ElasticSearch DB?
I am stuck as I’ve tried installing “Kibana” as I’ve seen in some videos its used as an API to interact with ElasticSearch I guess.
I tried searching “10.10.10.115:9200/_search” and it provided me with a bunch of information. What do I need to do now?
Any help is appreciated.
Thank You!

you need to slightlty change your search query to show all the data.

should be many indexes.

DM me for more help

I need a nudge on switching from the user s**y to ka

Could someone help me with the l******** privesc, i am already k******? I thnk i know what to do but it isn’t working.

On root. Never used this tool before, so trying to get it started. Any nudge wud be great.

@idomino said:
Finally rooted this one as well. I have really mixed feelings about this box. I’m a new user here (and this is the 4th user and 3rd root I got, sooooo yeah, pretty noob). But on the previous boxes I felt that “this could have been a real box that somebody just misconfigured/not updated/etc…” , not this one. I was stuck on the final step to root because who in their righ mind would put anything like that in the l******* config??

hi,i think i’m in the final step,i try to add some script in lh_,but what’s next?i can’t restart l*h.

Rooted!!
Learn a lot about ELK,great box!!

hi,i think i’m in the final step,i try to add some script in lh_,but what’s next?i can’t restart l*h.

It runs automatically as long as it’s in the right place.

Hello,
Can anyone help me with the privilege esc.
I have tried the LFI but there is just the nginx 404.
trying that with node , it just gives me another security shell.
Any help is appreciated
Thank you

hi, this my first maschine im doing. I got stuck on root priv_esc … maybe someone can confirm im on the right track or not:

• iam user k*****
  • i added something on the bottom of a file s********s
  • when i try to execute it manually it kind a tells me iam not root…
  • it seems not to be executed… waiting for around 30 mins… or should i be more patient…?

@JoyDragon thx for the maschine i already learned a lot her!

Type your comment> @hva said:

It runs automatically as long as it’s in the right place.

Are you sure it runs automatically ? I’ve seen it being triggered at different intervals and was under the impression someone else must have triggered it for me.

Are you sure it runs automatically ? I’ve seen it being triggered at different intervals and was under the impression someone else must have triggered it for me.

Hmm… I’ll have to go back and revisit. I was under the impression it ran automatically as part of the logging process. FWIW I ran several different command while messing with the box after getting root.txt and there were no other files there.

Let me know if you find out otherwise!

Rooted

Not an easy box to be honest, only the user part was easy. Should be medium.