Jarvis

My best advice on root: Be lazy, you don’t need a shell, you just want the flag

Type your comment> @t3ngu said:

My best advice on root: Be lazy, you don’t need a shell, you just want the flag

Thx man. Someone also pointed out a few things that is a cve that abuses some systems things (leaving out details) but i dont understand it.

All I ever get from this s*****py script with the added command is “No output” or the help menu even if I purposely put things that are mean to be forbidden. Banging my head against the wall!!!

This is killing me off. I reset the box as I was getting EOF errors from the py script. Now I get the banned message and the tool I used to remote shell previously will not connect.

Reset again and I’m banned immediately. Waiting 90 seconds does nothing. This request is to port 80 too so nothing to do with the high port. I can’t fathom why I wasn’t getting banned before no matter how much traffic I threw at the box, but now I can’t view one web page.

Type your comment> @thegoatreich said:

All I ever get from this s*****py script with the added command is “No output” or the help menu even if I purposely put things that are mean to be forbidden. Banging my head against the wall!!!

You’re pinging. If you google for ways or doing creative things with that you’ll find a format that works for the script.

Does anyone know why I used to be able to use s&lm*p on this box with no issues, and now as soon as I do I get banned? So frustrating not being able to get back to where I was.

Nvm. Tamper scripts enabled me to get back to os_shell. Back to that head scratcher. Googling ping commands hasn’t shed any light. I feel like I’m being thick here.

Hi, can please somebody help me with the last step of user, where you make this specific command? I figured the vulnerability already out and know how to bypass, but I get always some errors. Please send me a message

Rooted.

I found one way to an initial foothold, can see there is at least another. Interested to hear from anyone who wants to compare notes.

EDIT nevermind I think I have the answer

I’m stuck on the initial foothold. I’m finding other people’s shells during my enumeration, and could easily just use them to get a shell as www-data but I need to know how people are getting those shells uploaded.

I know that *.php?= URL that may lead to an LFI: I can not provoke this URL to give me anything of use by the way of either a file or a useful error message.

I 've also found the login for /p*******n, but I can’t exploit it unless I’m finding the credentials?

Can someone PM me a hint to help me exploit the room?

Edit: Got credentials to p********n, thanks to @sneakypanda for the nudge and confirming I was on the right track after the fact.

Can someone help me on this? I have been looking at the rooms for hours but cannot find anything. Thanks.

My hint to root:

If you are using an outdated version of LinEnum… try to update it from the github page and you will be able to see the path.

Don’t be a dumb like me :neutral:

Can anyone drop me a message with a hint on root? Happy to say where I’m up to and what I’ve tried. Pulling my hair out a bit!

Narrowed all my issues down to the fact that I spawned a shell from sq*£)$ap. It wasn’t running the py script properly and erroring out.
Used a different way in and the script ran properly and got user.
Thanks to @f3v3r and @solsound on Discord and @hva on here.

I now know how to get in but got a ban in the process. Lasting since 20mins. Is this normal?

Type your comment> @pourquoi said:

Can someone help me on this? I have been looking at the rooms for hours but cannot find anything. Thanks.

This clue got me stuck for ages, and then it turned out I got in without any rooms at all. DM me and let me know what you’ve tried so far etc and I’ll try to nudge you along.

Can anyone help me with the syntax in the last step before root?

i find p********n directory but i dont know what to do next, need help

Just rooted. ■■■■, interesting experience, i learned about new things, especially getting user. Root was pretty straightforward.

I got the shell but with www-d@t@ as the user. Can someone guide me how to do privileged escalation?