Player

1356789

Comments

  • Type your comment> @limbernie said:
    > Learned important lessons from this machine:
    >
    > 1) Always try harder, and don't give up
    > 2) Never overlook the information gathering phase
    >
    > I can't imagine if this was a real penetration testing engagement. I'd have failed my client miserably.
    >
    > Good machine @MrR3boot :+1:

    Well said @limbernie. We should never overlook even if it’s a minute error message. Every error tells something to us. Bits never lie :wink:

    MrR3boot
    Learn | Hack | Have Fun

  • edited July 2019

    Great machine, it took me a week and some help here and there.
    Not sure if there is still a sort of unintended for root.
    I was able to do it in both ways in the end, although I recognize I still have a knowledge gap to fill.
    Thank you MrR3boot!

    halfluke

  • Welcome @halfluke

    MrR3boot
    Learn | Hack | Have Fun

  • edited July 2019

    Spoiler Removed

    m4rc1n

  • Finally done !

    Awesome box, very realistic, that's a 100% why I'm on HTB.
    Thank you again @MrR3boot , can't wait to see Player 2 !

    PM me if you need some hints :)
  • Type your comment> @beorn said:
    > Finally done !
    >
    > Awesome box, very realistic, that's a 100% why I'm on HTB.
    > Thank you again @MrR3boot , can't wait to see Player 2 !
    >
    > PM me if you need some hints :)

    :wink:

    MrR3boot
    Learn | Hack | Have Fun

  • Got user, and found the foothold for root. I know what I need to do now. This box is phenomenal @MrR3boot, nice work.


    Hack The Box
    defarbs.com | Retired Machine Writeups! - "Let me just quote the late, great Colonel Sanders, who said, 'I'm too drunk... to taste this chicken.'”

  • Type your comment> @farbs said:
    > Got user, and found the foothold for root. I know what I need to do now. This box is phenomenal @MrR3boot, nice work.

    Thanks mate.

    MrR3boot
    Learn | Hack | Have Fun

  • finally rooted!!
    really nice box.

  • edited July 2019

    Rooted :)

    What a machine!! Congras @MrR3boot I enjoyed it in every step. One of the best machines in HTB.

    • User: Pay attention of all enumeration process, there are full of hints. After that, you have to think or search how files could have been processed (that is the very tricky part in my opinion). Road to user was amazing and some steps fascinating haha I enjoyed a lot!.

    • Root: Do common enumeration, you will see root doing some stuff, then try how to take advantage of that.

    Anyways, PM for help.

    Thank to @dr0ctag0n and @beorn to put my in the correct direction :tongue:

  • Just Rooted! O well that was super hard, at least for me!
    Big thanks to @7sk and @beorn for their amazing help!

    Special thanks to @MrR3boot for this amazing box that teached me a lot of new things ;)

  • @Leonishan said:
    Rooted :)

    What a machine!! Congras @MrR3boot I enjoyed it in every step. One of the best machines in HTB.

    • User: Pay attention of all enumeration process, there are full of hints. After that, you have to think or search how files could have been processed (that is the very tricky part in my opinion). Road to user was amazing and some steps fascinating haha I enjoyed a lot!.

    • Root: Do common enumeration, you will see root doing some stuff, then try how to take advantage of that.

    Anyways, PM for help.

    Thank to @dr0ctag0n and @beorn to put my in the correct direction :tongue:

    @DaChef said:
    Just Rooted! O well that was super hard, at least for me!
    Big thanks to @7sk and @beorn for their amazing help!

    Special thanks to @MrR3boot for this amazing box that teached me a lot of new things ;)

    Thanks for the feedback @Leonishan and @DaChef

    MrR3boot
    Learn | Hack | Have Fun

  • Nice box, good job @MrR3boot

    0xskywalker

  • Cool box, really enjoyed it!

    v1ew-s0urce.flv
  • edited July 2019

    Got a hint that might get me somewhere, thank you, I'll try tonight!

  • Found a hash value on somewhere. Probably SHA-1. But I can't crack it. Any idea?

    Hack The Box

  • Using some interesting vulnerability I found credentials for a user to login to some service but that stuff is restricted beyond anything. Searching for ways to escape I found nothing that worked, even looking at the config didn't offer anything there. Again using the vuln I found out that I can forward things and get a login to some other service but I can't seem to get that to do code execution for me even though I am a super user on that service.

    Any useful directions where to poke it with a stick?

    image

  • I really enjoyed this box, user was really really cool. sup3r h4x0r. root was cool too. Really like it, cheers to the creator

    dplastico
    OSCP-OSCE

  • I'm staring at a page that asks for credentials and also found some strange looking info somewhere else. I feel like I've enumerated everything but don't know how to piece things together. It's also possible that I overlooked a crucial piece of information. Can someone give me a push in the right direction?

  • Type your comment> @zaicurity said:

    I'm staring at a page that asks for credentials and also found some strange looking info somewhere else. I feel like I've enumerated everything but don't know how to piece things together. It's also possible that I overlooked a crucial piece of information. Can someone give me a push in the right direction?

    It sounds like you've found several vhosts and one of the security findings related to one of them. If you look at the security findings, there's something mentioned about another vhost which is likely the next step.

  • edited July 2019

    I've been enumerating for days and have found some information about a vulnerability. I just can't find an entry-point to start solving the puzzle. Anyone willing to give me a small nudge?
    Edit: Found a lead thanks to a @deviate .

  • edited July 2019

    finally rooted this, thanks @deviate for the initial nudge.

    Hints for user: there are probably multiple paths to getting user. the path i took was pretty run-of-the-mill in the end but required some careful research, reading source, and trial and error. i overlooked some initial information (don't trust what you read in this forum) and spent way too many days in enumeration hell.

    Hints for root: lot more straightforward than user.

    feel free to pm for hints.

    EDIT: having gotten some PMs and read some other writeups, I may have found an unintended path. The intended path appears more tortuous.

  • I learned so much on this box...thanks @MrR3boot ! That first CVE blew my freakin mind.

  • edited July 2019

    Man, that's a difficult one.

    I'm stuck before User, can anyone tell me if the c****ct.p** on the s****ng VHost is the right path to initial foothold?
    Thanks

    edit: nvm, total rabbithole

    PhaethonRising

  • Rooted ! Thanks to creator .. I really enjoyed the box ..... If anyone in trouble ping me

  • edited August 2019

    im stuck in jail, need some help with a breakout if someone is willing to nudge.

    PS, what I got is, 1. the jail (i can enumerate all files from jail, but not get their contents) and 2. access to two other service users (i can read files with one of these) 3. a family guy which seems to be a total rabbit hole.

    PPS. This is a seriously cool box

  • edited August 2019
    Is the countdown timer a rabbit hole? Having a hard time with the initial foothold.

    Edit: seems so. Got something anyway, nvm

    Tohzzicklao

  • Is the upload form a rabbit hole? keep getting 404 when trying to access uploaded files.

  • edited August 2019
    why server is not compressing my file after uploading avi file ? it says no file selected
  • edited August 2019

    Hey there, I'm stuck at a place where I can upload things. Would anyone mind giving me a small nudge what to do there to move on? Thanks in advance!

    /e: Alright, moved on. Thanks to a little nudge from @Leonishan .

    Hack The Box

Sign In to comment.