August

so it went from 0 solves to 6 in a matter of a couple minutes… lol

Flag sharing is real

Now first blood is gone the hint you should of got if I knew it was gonna be 30 points is this: Keyboards.
That’s the field that august and christopher both worked in.

should get the individuals with some google searches and then make your own cipher ((: sry not sry

so there we go, solved

Maybe I should of called it Keyboards Cipher?

Type your comment> @ReverseBrain said:

Flag sharing is real

■■■■■ not flag sharing, there is a wikipedia link, with relevant people called august, that is all you need, you should have it within 10 mins of that… I did not like how this challenge made you research someone more than a cipher…

Type your comment> @chivato said:

Flag sharing is real

■■■■■ not flag sharing, there is a wikipedia link, with relevant people called august, that is all you need, you should have it within 10 mins of that… I did not like how this challenge made you research someone more than a cipher…

I’m joking :wink:

Flag sharing is real

I’ll take that into account if I ever dare to make another challenge- This one is far from perfect but I wanted it to be different from the math and established cipher challenges. I would of been happy to make it easier if I had the chance after it had been reviewed

Type your comment> @StayNe said:

Flag sharing is real

I’ll take that into account if I ever dare to make another challenge- This one is far from perfect but I wanted it to be different from the math and established cipher challenges. I would of been happy to make it easier if I had the chance after it had been reviewed

I get you, don’t worry, I think the main thing was the hint, we were being told that the WHOLE thing was packed with hints, when really there was one word that was actually relevant. You only need one word to solve it… Although I can’t say I didn’t learn something, I didn’t enjoy it, but I did gain something form it, so thank you, kudos :slight_smile:

Here’s the thing.

It was actually a very interesting challenge and I enjoyed it. The last 2-3 minutes of it lol.
The starting info was just not enough to go on. so that searching and guessing for hours on end for a lot of us who stayed with the challenge from the start, was a real kill joy.

Other than that, the idea of the challenge was actually pretty cool, so thanks for challenge! :smile:

@Rainerd Completely agreed. The initial hint could have been much better.

I’m completely with you guys as well the initial hint was bad and isn’t really enough to go on. I understand the competetive nature of these challenges, the points and moreso the brag rights of first blood. As I’ve said its a bit of fun- or should be- a revised hint would be as follows: “August typed Christopher a note with his left hand while he stayed in America, but he cannot understand it. can you decipher his note?”

At least they care for those people. Most of them are talented.

Type your comment> @StayNe said:

Now first blood is gone the hint you should of got if I knew it was gonna be 30 points is this: Keyboards.
That’s the field that august and christopher both worked in.

should get the individuals with some google searches and then make your own cipher ((: sry not sry

It is really hard to finish the challenge without seeing this comment.

solved, a good challenge, but without the suggestions here it was not easy to solve it.

I could use some help here, please
I have the right “cipher”, but the result I’m getting is not correct.
Anyone?

Just finished it :slight_smile:

Hi @StayNe thanks for the updated clue - definitely made the challenge achievable.

False starts aside, I enjoyed this challenge for a few reasons. I got to confirm my analysis techniques when looking at something new / unseen. It turns out that most of my assessments that were based on the data I had were correct, and it made me think a lot about some possible new variants to traditional ciphers that I might play with down the track.

I’ve never created my own challenge before, but one day I might be able to draw a direct line from doing this challenge to trying out one of my own, and I think that’s a pretty awesome outcome.

Thanks for setting the challenge!

Thank you for the challenge. Very interesting and different.

Almost passed out but @GibParadox saved my a** from drowning xDD
and the left keyword was a legit blackhole. dcode. dead.