Haystack

any hint for root?
got in k***** user and now stuck

I am able to read qu*s and bk from port 9200 but can’t figure username, or the needle. (I also got data from port 80, and translated it).

Any Hints on PM will be appreciated.

Type your comment> @vmonem said:

I am able to read qu*s and bk from port 9200 but can’t figure username, or the needle. (I also got data from port 80, and translated it).

Any Hints on PM will be appreciated.

PM me if you like.

Finally got root! Although user flag was a bit CTF-like, it was fun and taught me a few things about the technology.

Already lots of good hints here, read them thoroughly if you got stuck at any point…
PM me if you want any help, but please indicate what you have achieved so far. I will try to help without spoiling anything.

Good luck and enjoy everyone!

Got the root.txt and root shell. Cool box, PM for nudges.

I would be interested in talking to someone who queried all the data needed instead of dumping the entire database like I did. I would like to learn how to query the database for what I’m looking for in a cleaner manner.

I would be interested in talking to someone who queried all the data needed instead of dumping the entire database like I did. I would like to learn how to query the database for what I’m looking for in a cleaner manner.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Type your comment> @scottmorrison said:

gah thought i had the l** but i think someone else may have triggered it for me, is anyone around to help me get this right? Im so close to ki**** i can taste the bananas

got it with some help from @scottrainville if your stuck try changing the file name

Hi. Can anyone provide me some hints on how to escalate s**y user to ka user? Really appreciate

Type your comment> @SleepyKaze said:

Hi. Can anyone provide me some hints on how to escalate s**y user to ka user? Really appreciate

check for known vulnerabilities in kibana

Hi, I believe I have root and I am the second user currently. However, I am running into an odd error message coming up:

"OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: If the number of processors is expected to increase from one, then you should configure the number of parallel GC threads appropriately using -XX:ParallelGCThreads=N "

when I run my command.

Could someone help me out as I can’t edit the file that has that config option in it so I’m not sure how I can get around this error… could I get a PM from someone who has root on this box for some help please?

Thanks

It’s a really good box to learn how to target specific application to hack.

Big hint:
Do a lot of research on the main application of this box both user and root.

Nice and relatively easy box - esp. compared to the nightmare of Ghoul I did before.

Stick to the roots of what you find, do some research of the api on the upper port and find the needle in that haystack :wink:

for root: There’s no need to change any config! If you do you (and all others!) won’t succeed. Read what you find in that specific dir after getting another user, do some more research and put all together. It’s quite straight forward.

As always: PM for nudges :slight_smile:

i am no able to go banana’s. any hint would be appreciated

For privesc, please don’t copy the root.txt to /tmp!

Hey I am stuck and could use a nudge. Can someone help me figure out how to trigger this ■■■■ sh**l. I’m trying to get the k****a user. Thanks

PM me for help anyone.

I need some nudging on privesc from the k****a user. Checked general linux privesc items but not seeing anything that stands out

got root
PM for nudges

hello all. I am in as k****a I can see a thing that is running and uses input and out files. I have been trying to create my own but no luck. Can someone PM me a nudge?

Many Thanks

Rooted. Pretty much all you need has already been said in this discussion. Feel free to PM if you get stuck