Would that be enough to pass OSCP?

Hey,

In the past, I bought 3 months of OSCP lab time and started to study, however, due to IRL problems I’d to stop.

I’m thinking now to start doing all those machines:

By buying V.I.P here and using walkthroughs (if I get stuck more then 30-40min) in order to do at least 1 machine per day. After a month I plan to buy an exam.

Would you say it is enough?

Can confirm this will be enough, I am sure you will smash it, and remember, if you fail, ask them why, and build on it, then dive back into it. Failing is part of the process, nothing to be ashamed of. But if you can root those machines alone in a decently fast manner you should be more than fine.

Type your comment> @chivato said:

Can confirm this will be enough, I am sure you will smash it, and remember, if you fail, ask them why, and build on it, then dive back into it. Failing is part of the process, nothing to be ashamed of. But if you can root those machines alone in a decently fast manner you should be more than fine.

Thank you for the reply, atm I can’t root them alone, by my goal is to try hard, and if I stuck to use a walkthrough to learn what is the next step that I’ve missed.

Ok, so, personally, I don’t think asking for help is a bad thing if you really need it. It is only bad if you mindlessly enter the command. Whereas, if you analyze the command, understand what it is you are running/doing to get to where you want to be, and you fully know how it works and why it works, then it isn’t anything to be ashamed of, especially since you can be sure you will not make that mistake again, and the next time you come across this problem or vuln, you know how to solve it.

Type your comment> @YanTayga said:

If anyone is able not to do the same mistakes again?

As in, if you learn from your mistake, or from what you asked, then it is ok. But if you just want to skip something and copy/paste commands, then it is a waste of time for both you, and the person who agreed to help you.

The aim at the end of the day is to learn, and to make sure you know what to do the next time you come across this issue (of course, if you can use google and do your own research it is more rewarding and you will be more likely to remember it).

I failed the exam thrice and no matter how much i read writeups or solve machines i feel like its an impossible task to accomplish. Atm my goal is to get to guru level here on htb before i go for the exam again.

Type your comment> @hansraj47 said:

I failed the exam thrice and no matter how much i read writeups or solve machines i feel like its an impossible task to accomplish. Atm my goal is to get to guru level here on htb before i go for the exam again.

:confused: What is ur current rank?

Type your comment> @gilf0yle said:

Type your comment> @hansraj47 said:

:confused: What is ur current rank?

564, and i am 50% towards hacker.

Patience is key in the OSCP (and HTB). You should be trying for a couple of hours at least - at the very least -, before resorting to walkthroughs. You’ll need that patience during the exam in order to avoid frustration and to stay focused.