Haystack

Type your comment> @MrBlackHat said:

@thegoatreich said:

Can anyone help me with the LFI please?

is there any LFI ??

From what I’ve read yes. But I can’t get it to work.

I’m in the last priv step. I got k**** user and I found a conf interesting file Could anybody help me with a right path???

Type your comment> @n1b1ru said:

I’m in the last priv step. I got k**** user and I found a conf interesting file Could anybody help me with a right path???

I got root flag

can i get a nudge to get k*****? i’m trying the L** exploit to no avail. Is this even the right path?

Got user, working on root. Def not my favorite box so far. Best hints I can give for user are:

The image is important. There’s more to it than what the eye can see…

Learn HOW to search the DB once you get there and know what you’re looking for when you get the results.

Anyone mind nudge me on how to make l******h do it’s thing?

Type your comment> @thegoatreich said:

Can anyone help me with the LFI please?

Pm me if you are still stuck

gah thought i had the l** but i think someone else may have triggered it for me, is anyone around to help me get this right? Im so close to ki**** i can taste the bananas

Type your comment> @Sudi said:

Pm me if you are still stuck

Thanks I have l*i now thanks to @f3v3r and working on root.

@scottmorrison said:
gah thought i had the l** but i think someone else may have triggered it for me, is anyone around to help me get this right? Im so close to ki**** i can taste the bananas

Drop me a PM if you like.

Edit:
Now got root with help from @x4v1l0k

This was the only the 6th box I’ve done so far in the whole hacking/pen testing world. It was frustrating as ■■■■, and hard, but at the same time once you know the method, none of it was actually that hard at all, it was just my inexperience.
Thanks to JoyDragon for creating this and giving me experience of ELK.

Feel free to PM me for hints, although there are plenty already in this thread so read the whole thing. Once you move on a stage go back and read the thread again with the new knowledge you have.

Edit: double post

I got the user but the root is hard.
I waste the last 5 hours to look around what is running as root.
Listed all folder to find any interesting things but no success…

Should i use SSH tunneling for access some port listening only on localhost ?

@jugulaire
Question is which user you are so far. If you just got user.txt you will need to become another user before root. Your enumeration as that new user should point you the right path on the system.

For everybody: Change file names when trying to get the final step to root running! It cost me hours to realize that modifying the same file over and over will not trigger execution… My fault!

any hint for root?
got in k***** user and now stuck

I am able to read qu*s and bk from port 9200 but can’t figure username, or the needle. (I also got data from port 80, and translated it).

Any Hints on PM will be appreciated.

Type your comment> @vmonem said:

I am able to read qu*s and bk from port 9200 but can’t figure username, or the needle. (I also got data from port 80, and translated it).

Any Hints on PM will be appreciated.

PM me if you like.

Finally got root! Although user flag was a bit CTF-like, it was fun and taught me a few things about the technology.

Already lots of good hints here, read them thoroughly if you got stuck at any point…
PM me if you want any help, but please indicate what you have achieved so far. I will try to help without spoiling anything.

Good luck and enjoy everyone!

Got the root.txt and root shell. Cool box, PM for nudges.

I would be interested in talking to someone who queried all the data needed instead of dumping the entire database like I did. I would like to learn how to query the database for what I’m looking for in a cleaner manner.

I would be interested in talking to someone who queried all the data needed instead of dumping the entire database like I did. I would like to learn how to query the database for what I’m looking for in a cleaner manner.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Type your comment> @scottmorrison said:

got it with some help from @scottrainville if your stuck try changing the file name

Hi. Can anyone provide me some hints on how to escalate s**y user to ka user? Really appreciate