Haystack

Don’t you just love it when people copy the root flag into /tmp and leave it there?

I feel like that just ignores the purpose. I feel like elevating permissions is more satisfying then just getting the root flag and calling it done.

I’m also having a hard time with the node port. I’m reading the documentation but it’s a lot and I’m not sure where to look.

I did find a username and password, but they do not seem to work.

EDIT:

Ok, the box was reset and those supposed username and password are gone so that’s not it. The only thing I managed to find are “banking” details.

I can’t believe there isn’t any tools that automatically dump all the data from the stack, do you guys know any?
Go query by query is cumbersome…

@Uvemode search Gtihub. You’ll find one.

So close to root, I can taste it … >.<

/e: Got it.

Hey,
Please PM me any nudges for root…
got stuck with l******h, not able to make anything useful out of it.

Rooted !

Nice box, not that CTF-like after all (only user part).
I really liked the privesc though.

PM me if needed :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @adam12 said:

Right, I thought it was only for local stacks, don’t ask me why.

i found some information in b*** and q***** but i dont know what i have to do now , anybody can help me ?

Please stop using the WALL command to ask questions inside the box… Use these forums for help. Stop assuming people using the box want the answer…don’t spoil it for everyone else.

Spanish or Vanish…!!..Lol

just got root

Type your comment> @adam12 said:

Depending on your syntax, you can actually do it all without the tool anyways.

@farbs +1.

Spoiler Removed

Lol this box has probably the lowest upvote-to-downvote ratio of all the released machines.

At least the privesc is not too bad haha, but wow.

If anybody’s willing to help me on root privesc please DM me I’m so close but I’m tearing my elephant hair out.

Thank you

I got user from 22 but now can’t connect to sh why?I already got s***** and s***.**.**y.

i’m stuck here in enumeration part, any nudge would be helpful.