Haystack

I think definitely that Im going to wait for IPSEC video, because everyone here is shouting how easy this one is and maybe Im looking it in complicated way, so as IPSEC like to do it in complicated way I will wait for him and see :D, truth is I got a lot of data from e*s but maybe not all, IPSEC, waiting on you buddy ?

Finally got the root shell. I’ve learned a lot about ELK stack. If anyone needs help feel free to PM me. :slight_smile:

Rooted, kudos to the creator!

Really nice box, I learnt a good chunk about ELK and got some hands on experience and new tools for the collection if I ever see something like this in the wild. A little CTF in the user phase, but arguably not that bad. Also loved the language twist; a good reminder that not everything out there will be conveniently readable for you! First HTB machine in Chinese next anyone…? :wink:

Hints then.

User:
Good old fashioned documentation will do if you’re not familiar with the tech. There’s some nice tools out there as well that can help, but you’ll need a little understanding first. Once you’ve got the data, everything you need to move forward is in there. The needle isn’t just for show…

Root:
You need to go out to come in again. You may have found approaches earlier that weren’t viable that could be worth a revisit. Then just enumerate and see what you can now access from your new position that you couldn’t before.

Haven’t got root yet, but I still want to give my thoughts on user since i see a lot of people almost getting frustrated.
First thing i thought when i saw the name of the box was, sure this is going to be super CTF-like, just like the rating says. So if you want something more life like, maybe do another box, Jarvis is a lot more “real life”. CTF-like boxes are an awesome way for people to learn how to use their skills in a different way.
Rant over.
User: There are already a lot of hints in this thread, but for the low port, think about ways to get information out of such a file.
Then. If you have a stack of hay and you need to find a needle in it, what is the better approach. Take one hand full and start looking though that? or take the entire haystack and shake it until you find what you are looking for? Think about the service, are there any tools to get the entire picture?
happy hunting :slight_smile:

Rooted ! What a fun box.

I don’t get why people are calling the box frustrating or “Too CTF-style for my taste”. If you read the documentation properly, it’s all there in front of your eyes. Has a satisfying root !
Beautiful !

Also, the EU servers are toxic. I don’t get why people think it’s a good idea to troll over broadcast.

very frustrating box!!! not able to get the user no clue either with elastic search i’ve used all possible ways

Don’t you just love it when people copy the root flag into /tmp and leave it there?

I feel like that just ignores the purpose. I feel like elevating permissions is more satisfying then just getting the root flag and calling it done.

I’m also having a hard time with the node port. I’m reading the documentation but it’s a lot and I’m not sure where to look.

I did find a username and password, but they do not seem to work.

EDIT:

Ok, the box was reset and those supposed username and password are gone so that’s not it. The only thing I managed to find are “banking” details.

I can’t believe there isn’t any tools that automatically dump all the data from the stack, do you guys know any?
Go query by query is cumbersome…

@Uvemode search Gtihub. You’ll find one.

So close to root, I can taste it … >.<

/e: Got it.

Hey,
Please PM me any nudges for root…
got stuck with l******h, not able to make anything useful out of it.

Rooted !

Nice box, not that CTF-like after all (only user part).
I really liked the privesc though.

PM me if needed :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @adam12 said:

Right, I thought it was only for local stacks, don’t ask me why.

i found some information in b*** and q***** but i dont know what i have to do now , anybody can help me ?

Please stop using the WALL command to ask questions inside the box… Use these forums for help. Stop assuming people using the box want the answer…don’t spoil it for everyone else.

Spanish or Vanish…!!..Lol

just got root

Type your comment> @adam12 said:

Depending on your syntax, you can actually do it all without the tool anyways.