Jarvis

Comments

• Hi Guys, Im stuck in jump from w-*** to p****r, I found the snake script in /v//Ad-U****/ and know how exploit this, but can't look the way for jump to that User, I would be appreciate any hints.

• got root...pm for hint...

• edited June 2019

@TigaxMT Thanks for the hint for getting the initial foothold, as soon as I got that it was no problem :)

Hack The Box

• i dont know man but my escaping sucks. i can make the ping continue (including the injected string) but my injected string says permission denied on user flag. hope someone would dm me to correct it :smiley:

happy to say im a newb

• I dont Know how to exploit the rooms. Can anyone give me a nudge?

• Finally got root, thank @EternalB1ue for your help in the last step, If anyone needs any help feel free to ping me :)

• just got user. learned a lot. moving on to root. thank you everyone

happy to say im a newb

• Rooted! I like this box. I thought this box was refreshing and my takeaway was to not forget about some basic checks when enumerating. I got too focused on one type of attack for the initial foothold. Getting user made me think a little outside the box to get what I needed. Root was not that bad and pretty straightforward.

zalpha
    OSCP | CISSP | CSSLP

Respect always welcome if I can help you: https://www.hackthebox.eu/home/users/profile/140630

• I'm lost in pivoting to user p_____r. I understand that something must be done with the file s_______y especially with -p option. Any hint for abusing the option (I new remote shell with w_____a priv ?

• Type your comment> @h0plite said:

I'm lost in pivoting to user p_____r. I understand that something must be done with the file s_______y especially with -p option. Any hint for abusing the option (I new remote shell with w_____a priv ?

There are lots of hints for how to do this in this forum thread already.

• Rooted !

Really nice box ! PM me if you're stuck :)

• This was a fun easy box.

Very curious about the separation of user here and there.

I can't see the file that I write by the user pep*** here if I logged in into s** ....

If someone knows the reason I would love to hear it ...

@manulqwerty @Ghostpp7

Hack The Box

OSCE | OSCP | CRTE | GPEN | eCPTX | CREST CRT | GDAT | eCPPTv2 | GWAPT | OSWP | ECSA (Practical)

• Wonder if anyone else found the user flag from the early enumeration stage lol

Hack The Box

• Finally rooted it!! Huge thanks to @rub1ks for the explaination and nudge. If anyone needs any help please DM me.

andrewh

• edited June 2019

Edited: Nvm

Kwicster

• Type your comment

Arrexel

• Type your comment> @ivnnn1 said:

I'm stuck at s*****r.py, trying to execute commands but I'm not finding any solution. Can someone PM me?

@CrystalSage said:
    Stuck as w**-***a. Need to escalate to user. Can anyone help ?

Just think " how you can bypass filtered command" on google :) This is all you need.

• anyone around for a quick question for root?

• Just got a root after few days stuck on s********y due wrong syntax lol.

Many thanks to @env for the user stage hints

ekka
    Making my way from newbie to pro

• what a fun box. Think its already been said, but make sure for root, you have a full interactive shell.

Hack The Box
    OSCP | CISSP | CEH | CCNA

• edited July 2019

need some hints guys I am executing commands in the py script and all I get is another ##w#d### shell

• edited July 2019

Type your comment> @fr33s0ul said:

need some hints guys I am executing commands in the py script and all I get is another ##w#d### shell

I assume that it's because you running it as ##w#d### so that seems to be logical

ekka

• edited July 2019

@Ekka
    yes because I tried to run it in s#d# and s# and all I get in errors and when I insert commands in the script I'm always a w###d###
    EDIT!:
    I GOT USER!!! THANK YOUUUUUUUUU SO MUCH YOU SHAKED MY BRAIN

• edited July 2019

@fr33s0ul great to hear it :)

ekka

• i'm going mad with root. any nudge over pm would really be appreciated

• I got a reverse shell with w***a user and now i'm Stuck on the priv esc to the user.
    Can someone give me a nudge?

• @Mr0wl a linux enumeration script such as LinEnum or lse.sh should help

cortex42

• Just r00ted this box. Really enjoyed this box. Had a few issues with bad shells etc, but I kept spawning some new ones. If you're on the road to root, and something isn't working for you, try changing the directory. Happy hacking guys..

OSCP | CCNA | CPSA

• edited July 2019

ROOOTED!

User: Swagshop machine (root) prepared me about this (not exactly the same, but in my case I used the same page tutorial), so from data to user in no time!

Root: Once you get s*******l is the key for privileges escalation, just google how create something related... is really easy don't overthink ! If for some reason you can't enable it, change shell (it fixed in my case)

PM if you need help

Hack The Box

• Finally got user :).
    Just one hint: don't think it's an elaborate solution... it's simple. Very simple.

Sign In to comment.