Haystack

I can search things across all indices and return more than the default but cannot find the needle. What is the hint being talked about in website? I have looked at the metadata and didn’t see anything. Maybe if I could find the hint it could help me.

Type your comment> @fals3s3t said:

I can search things across all indices and return more than the default but cannot find the needle. What is the hint being talked about in website? I have looked at the metadata and didn’t see anything. Maybe if I could find the hint it could help me.

uh never-mind on the hint. I needed to look a little closer.

Is there something in the image that I’m missing?

@Pa1m0n said:

Yes

Type your comment> @0MN1p073n7 said:

Type your comment> @scottrainville said:

I’ve dumped the entire database and so far found nothing useful.

Dirscanned the sites by IP and hostname, zero results and seems like no virtualhost routing. Haven’t found any software commonly exploitable.

Should I just keep looking at the database? I’m hoping I don’t have to copy/paste and translate all that spanish.

EDIT: Got it. Just need to find a username.

same. Got anything on the username?

I’m in the same boat. HINTS PLZ

Type your comment> @Moosie said:

Type your comment> @0MN1p073n7 said:

Type your comment> @scottrainville said:

I’ve dumped the entire database and so far found nothing useful.

Dirscanned the sites by IP and hostname, zero results and seems like no virtualhost routing. Haven’t found any software commonly exploitable.

Should I just keep looking at the database? I’m hoping I don’t have to copy/paste and translate all that spanish.

EDIT: Got it. Just need to find a username.

same. Got anything on the username?

I’m in the same boat. HINTS PLZ

i gave some hints before.
make a quick googling on what that high port is used for. find the applications name and google how to talk to it. it is well documented.
when you´ve found some document, try to find how you can extract data from it. it will have something called _x… thats what you want to utilize to make your query.
you will need to SELECT right command with _x…/s…

For root and first privesc to get out of the s******y user I am running an exploit based on a certain filthy animal, am I running the right exploit? I don’t want to run it unnecessarily since it’s a bit unstable :).

If not, I would not mind a hint in PM’s :).

Type your comment> @stoffeloffe said:

For root and first privesc to get out of the s******y user I am running an exploit based on a certain filthy animal, am I running the right exploit? I don’t want to run it unnecessarily since it’s a bit unstable :).

If not, I would not mind a hint in PM’s :).

Not required

The hint at port 80 helped me a lot. Using that I was able to find everything I needed for the foothold. You could just sift through the haystack for that needle but the hint was like using a magnet.

User is easy one.Google translate is your friend.

halted on user any nudge ?

@Lucifer6998 said:
halted on user any nudge ?

Find the needle and everything will be clear

ROOTED;)
I’ve found this box quite unstable. Not that easy, not that hard.
Learnt things about ELK. There is a total ZOO on eu-free, resets every 3 mins.
thanks to @JoyDragon

This box is fun and frustrating at the same time.
User: the higher service works as a db and may contains something useful. Important things does not require too many words.

root: this is a two step process. You need to become someone else before that you would be able to get the highest privs. Maybe something else. Check procs and owners.
To get root stay simple. Check what you can do, what you can read and how to bypass that filter. There is a giant rabbit hole, if something does not work, it will not work even if you will wait.
One last thing, it needs to be triggered.

Rooted. Frustrating box but I enjoyed the privilege escalation. PM if you need a nudge.

Hello Guys,
User: Was really fun.
Right now, I’m really stuck to root this machine. Can i have a hint please to move forward.
Thanks a lot.

For people who need help about User, MP me :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @f3v3r said:

@Pa1m0n said:

Yes

Sweet! Now could you tell me what it is? lol or just a nudge because i’m stuck

The part of the user is to know how to use el*********ch, it is like a database engine and like all machines it happens that I do not know this type of technology in depth, which forces us to investigate how to show all the haystack and looking at the records will get the needle.

The part of the root seemed more difficult because I was a whole day watching a file that was not, people speak of three files but it is very likely that you confuse them with others.

The part of the root requires to see these 3 files that are in a folder and see their contents, when looking in the documentation of l******h saw that there is an online Debugger to see the pattern and be sure of what you do

And finally it is required to run the event, this I knew in a forum of questions

Type your comment> @Pa1m0n said:

Yes

EDIT: User get it! It’s a WTF method! Thx a hint on reddit :slight_smile: