The Future Bender - Stego

what are we supposed to google, when all we have is 3 binary values? or i am getting this wrong?

Type your comment> @w31rd0 said:

what are we supposed to google, when all we have is 3 binary values? or i am getting this wrong?

That’s the second part, finish up the first one.

Some hints please, stuck on it.

Edit: solved. waste of time.

Pls there is some hints for the googling part of the challenge? Im stuck on it, try different point of views related to the “phrase” and nothings seems to work.

EDIT: well, with the post below i finally got this one. No comments xdddd

@Frey and @moderators: I think you should give the format of the flag HTB{format_of_the_flag} (i.e. only lowercase letters and underscore for space). I see no point in trying to guess the flag format for this challenge. Feel free to delete my comment if you think it’s a spoiler. :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @alamot said:

@Frey and @moderators: I think you should give the format of the flag HTB{format_of_the_flag} (i.e. only lowercase letters and underscore for space). I see no point in trying to guess the flag format for this challenge. Feel free to delete my comment if you think it’s a spoiler. :slight_smile:

The spaces are already given out when you locate the flag, therefore the only thing is the lowercase thing which is quite obvious on HTB Stego section, cause we saw it and did it plenty of times on another challenges too.

Well, I had a look at the previous flags from stego challenges and there is a lot of variety (MiXed CaSe, snake_case, PascalCase, h@ck3r1sh e.tc.). Therefore, even if one has found the correct phrase, there are a lot of combinations to try.

since when you have to know previous challenge flag formats, to solve a challenge? quite a few challenges hint towards the flag format if i am not wrong

It was a good challenge Frey.
The difficulty as brainf*ck is way off. I would say its somewhere in the middle.
The thing that got me a little bit was with the flag lowers/uppers. But now Frey cleared that up.
In case he was not clear: Flag is all lowercase.

Can’t really quote you all up so i’ll say it here.

@alamot You just overthinked to much, when there was no need to obviously.

@w31rd0 You don’t, and i never said that you need to know previous challenge’s that’s why i said cause we saw it and did it plenty of times on another challenges too. it was a reference to guide you towards using lowercase,therefore you better start doing some actual CTF’S to train yourself up better rather than doing the easy ones on HTB, no hard feelings but yeah. I’ll suggest you catching up the PicoCTF

@Rayz Thanks for enjoying the short journey, if you have watched the show no wonder you found it easily, as about the flag yeah cleared that out on alamots comment.

Done.

After reading the thread, I have to say I can’t understand the hate…
Maybe it should be in the Misc category, since it is not all stego.
But other than that, guys… give @Frey a break

@Frey Have never watched the show…I just googled a lot about the binary code .

@GibParadox Ohboi, hope the other challenge gets released to :joy:

It is a challenge of intuition but it is difficult without seeing the comments of this thread :slight_smile:

At first I thought that the letters in the image was something basic and it did not matter, but after reading Frey’s comment I managed to solve it

An interesting challenge @Frey

Thanks @samsepi0l for the nudge! I think I aged a little googling about the binary code.
Because there are 2 binary codes. Totalled by the challenge @Frey

Solved… but its the best stupid chall i never seen so far! i don’t understand how a “guessing chall” like that is accepted by hack the box… but nvm, just a lost of time

Type your comment> @VirtuL said:

Solved… but its the best stupid chall i never seen so far! i don’t understand how a “guessing chall” like that is accepted by hack the box… but nvm, just a lost of time

Type your comment> @Frey said:

Type your comment> @VirtuL said:

lol … Best reply ever :slight_smile:

Any more hints for this please? My brain starts to hurt now :smiley:

I’m stuck and overthinking this challenge anyone can help. The comments don’t help