onetwoseven

Type your comment> @sh13ld said:

Who need help in onetwoseven machine PM me

Neat. Apparently now instead of looking to see whether thereā€™s a ā€œ1 Newā€ badge to know whether there are new questions, I should instead check to see whether it doesnā€™t say ā€œMost recent by sh13ldā€. Useful stuff.

The script outputs ā€œsuccessfull.yā€, but is nowhere to be found, Iā€™ve PM people to know the location and itā€™s not there.
Any idea what Iā€™m missing?

listening on [any] 4444 ā€¦
connect to [10.10.15.34] from onetwoseven [10.10.10.133] 54286
root@onetwoseven:/# whoami
whoami
root
root@onetwoseven:/# cat /root/root.txt

Canā€™t believe I did it. As a piece of advice on root, you might pinhole yourself into thinking it could be an input validation exploit and even going as far as to follow a certain guide on how to do it. Instead, think about how the box is configured and how you can work that configuration to your advantage. Is there any way to fool the machine into thinking youā€™re something it looks to as a source of information?

great boxx

Forty-three years later-
This machine is the sickest and I mean that in the kindest way possible.
Max-respects, @jkr
You need anything. Please write me.
Iā€™ll do my best for you.

Root was a blast! Solid machine. Go back to the basics :slight_smile:

If someone could pm me a hint for the s**-t***** that would me great. I already got all pieces together but canā€™t figure this part out

Does anyone have any solid resources/articles for the repo part? I have read through several and am really struggling. I have wget resolving, I have signed .deb and everything else. But I simply can not get the target to pull ANYTHING with a**-g** u*****. pls hlp.

EDIT: PEBKAC - I was tilted and serving from the wrong directory.
I can pull packages but they get ā€œheld backā€ at a later stepā€¦ respect and beer given to anyone who helps me.

EDIT again: My GOD. What a doozy. I learnt an incredible amount. Probably the hardest yet most rewarding box I have done so far out of everything I have seen here, in vulnhub and in the OSCP labs.

Great box ! What an amazing root dance ! Iā€™ve learned a lot of things and really enjoyed it ! Thank you !

Rooted! Itā€™s my favorite box now! Thank you @jkr !

Having issues getting my tunnel working properly. Canā€™t access the a**** page. I just keep getting forbidden. Can someone please help me with my syntax issues because I feel I am on the right track based off this thread.

Hello :slight_smile:
Iā€™m stucked at the root part. I got the successfull.y message, but I donā€™t know how to find the file. If someone could help me/ could give me a hint, that would be nice.

Got shell, but still donā€™t have user flag

got root! itā€™s really interesting box. PM for hint

Stuck staring at the Admin login for the last 2 hours.
Read the entire forum, and canā€™t find the ā€œfileā€.
Edit: Iā€™m in. Now stuck at upload part for 2 days.
Edit: On to rootā€¦

Woof, I feel like a fool. Can anyone PM me with a nudge? I have the initial s*p access and managed to find some creds with mls, but I am totally stuck on actually getting access to the high port. I understand tunneling is involved but I canā€™t see how I can activate it with the privileges available. Thanks!

EDIT: nevermind I figured it out. To anyone else also having this issue: make sure you actually understand what youā€™re doing with the tunneling command, read the docs.

Type your comment> @ZerkerEOD said:

Type your comment> @PavelKCZ said:

Check if you do not suddenly have two tun interfaces on your Kali. If so, restart your machine, not the server.

I didnā€™t check to see if I had more than one tun interface but I did reset my machine. I walked away a couple times and came back fresh throughout the day.

Folks you donā€™t have to reset or reboot your machine for the tunnel issue. you can just kill your vpn tunnel by ā€œpkill openvpnā€ and it will remove any openvpn you have established. Everytime you connect to hackthebox, a new interface is created starting from tun range 0, and if you establish another vpn, then you have tun1 & tun0. which then makes it hard for the system to find his gateway. so just ā€œpkill openvpnā€ and re-establish your vpn :slight_smile:

Finally rooted thanks to @siryarbles . Here are some hints that may help:

User: Everything you need is in this forum. In the upload part try to understand how the machine is processing U-Ls, what process first and what next and how htaccess works. Read the code carefully and check adā€”s headers from examples.

Root: If you have already found this blog about a-t Mā€“M is the right one. But you will have to do some changes. First, a-p spā€”ing is not going to work. Remember network layersā€¦ There is a var that a-g uses in some cases. You might have already seen it with sā€” -l. You donā€™t need D-S spā€”ing either. Just give to the box what it requests. You can use the same thing you found in that var but in your side. After that just read outputs and fix trees.

PM me for hints.

Type your comment

That was awesome, just beware of the trap, I certainly fell in to it. Drop me a PM if you want pointers.