Blue Shadow Forensics Challenge

good challenge, feel free PM me if you need help

stuck at the star wars part, googled it and tried every combination i can think of still no luck, PM me with any nudges please

EDIT nvm

i too am stuck with the pop culture references. My Googlefu is failing me miserably.

I am stuck – I have all of the readable text available but none of the keys I have tried work. Am I supposed to be able to run the binary? I am getting problems because I am running x64 and the binary is for x32… Any help would be appreciated

PM me @seriousspider if still need help.

Got the flag eventually thanks to @mikesz81 this challenge made me bleed from the eyes lol! Learnt quite a lot from it. Please PM if you need assistance.

Okay people, I got the binary text at the same place, did some bc to get a hex file but I am stuck cause the file is corrupted, Please any help would be appreciated.

Do not use Linux subsystem in Windows; but use Kali

If you think you have a flag but it’s not working. Case Matters.

Ok I am stumped, I scrapped the account and listed them in cyberchef to see I got a E*f file. So what am I to do with this? It looks like it should be ran and I am to input the antidote which I know what it is, but how do I run this file?

I think I have everything there is to find but I don’t have a flag… is the flag obvious? I must be missing something or I went down rabbit holes within rabbit holes or something. Some direction would be greatly appreciated.

I am still stuck on this one, I think I have almost tried everything I could. Do I really need to create an executable and debug/run it to solve it ?

idk how to convert raw binary from twitter account to reverse engineering tools, please provide suggestion :wink:

Good Challenge :mrgreen:

Thanks to the creator!

PM if you’re stuck

I am not sure how to rate this challenge. The first part was fun, but I didn’t like the second half where google was needed.
All hints were given already, so I can’t really help…

Okay, got the ELF, no problem. I’ve googled the relewant sites up and down, but I’m gettign nowhere. Am I supposed to find an obvious HTB[flag] somewhere?

Solved.
Little hint - not just execute the program. It has parameters.
PM me if you need any help!

Good lord, I spent too many hours trying to reverse/fix the broken binary. Finally saw the Star Wars references here and after one look-up, got the flag instantly. No reversing required after all.

Happy to help via PM.

I got a “flag”, but I currently cannot decode it using the common tools. Is any further reversing for parameters necessary or is Googling enough after retrieving and/or executing the file? My Star Wars knowledge is pretty bad so I am kinda stuck here…

Losing my ■■■■ mind. I’ve got the program, I’ve figured out what it needed. The flag comes out and I figure out how to decode it. I’ve got the revealed name but my flag attempts just aren’t working. Can someone help me figure this out? PMs welcome