Shocker?

can someone please just give me some sort of hint or walk me through this? i have the user hash but i cant get root and i know what i need to do but i seem to be #VERY# wrong because ive been at it for 4 days…i know the proccess i need to do just the execution seems to be where ive messed up. Thank you

personal messages or whatever are fine too just need a lil help

If you are in the server try to enumerate more. It’s something in front of your eyes and you are missing it. Don’t try crazy things. Just look around for simple commands that you can use as another user. :wink:

@Akumu said:
If you are in the server try to enumerate more. It’s something in front of your eyes and you are missing it. Don’t try crazy things. Just look around for simple commands that you can use as another user. :wink:

ive done that. i think part of the problem is im in a very broken limited shell. maybe thats how its supposed to be but for example if i wanna run ls i have to do /bin/ls and i also cant seem to get any reverse shell

Oh so you don’t have a reverse shell yet. Let’s try to do that first. I don’t know how you got the shell and I don’t want to spoil much but if you search for a VulnHub image with the name of the attack that you are doing, it’s a good way to go.

hint: LinEnum

think i have this now, apart from 1 tiny detail. Please can anyone advise on a good and easy way to copy file command in perl. I have searched everywhere but i am struggling to understand it. I’ve actually managed to copy the file to where i want it but i cant view it with more command? thank you

You don’t need a file. You can run a perl script in command line with perl -e ‘perl code in these tiny baby quotes’

all sorted, thanks :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,
I’ve got a pb. I’ve exploit the machine but when I would like to get shell, it doesn’t work. I see that the server is a X64, and my payload of metasploit a X86, that can’t work. Any idea to pass on shell ?

I tried a nc but doesn’t work too.

Also, I see on my profil that I haven’t point even I pwed the machine. Normal ?

Thanks

Re !

Sorry, my msf hadn’t got the X64 payloads, so it might work by now.

So, for the point, the system of the point, is when I exploit the machine ?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my last question =)

Hello again

I’ve finally hacked the machine. I’ve got the flag ( root .txt) with the value. I see my dashboard and no points. How can I do to have the points ?

Very sorry for the idiot question…

Thank you

Have a nice evening :wink:

Hi

I’ve found where I shall put hashes of users and root. Not very useful because I don’t know very well the website :wink:

bye