onetwoseven

Hello, can I please get a PM about how to get the rev shell from inside the admin panel?

I have played around with burp editing the requests I am making to (what I assume) is the upload page, but when I try to add in a boundary to the request it tells me its 400 and is an invalid request.

If you are having trouble getting user after/before a reverse shell. Be Neo and go back to the source.

@ThrashTitan said:
Hello, can I please get a PM about how to get the rev shell from inside the admin panel?

I have played around with burp editing the requests I am making to (what I assume) is the upload page, but when I try to add in a boundary to the request it tells me its 400 and is an invalid request.

PM

Type your comment> @sh13ld said:

Who need help in onetwoseven machine PM me

Neat. Apparently now instead of looking to see whether there’s a “1 New” badge to know whether there are new questions, I should instead check to see whether it doesn’t say “Most recent by sh13ld”. Useful stuff.

The script outputs “successfull.y”, but is nowhere to be found, I’ve PM people to know the location and it’s not there.
Any idea what I’m missing?

listening on [any] 4444 …
connect to [10.10.15.34] from onetwoseven [10.10.10.133] 54286
root@onetwoseven:/# whoami
whoami
root
root@onetwoseven:/# cat /root/root.txt

Can’t believe I did it. As a piece of advice on root, you might pinhole yourself into thinking it could be an input validation exploit and even going as far as to follow a certain guide on how to do it. Instead, think about how the box is configured and how you can work that configuration to your advantage. Is there any way to fool the machine into thinking you’re something it looks to as a source of information?

great boxx

Forty-three years later-
This machine is the sickest and I mean that in the kindest way possible.
Max-respects, @jkr
You need anything. Please write me.
I’ll do my best for you.

Root was a blast! Solid machine. Go back to the basics :slight_smile:

If someone could pm me a hint for the s**-t***** that would me great. I already got all pieces together but can’t figure this part out

Does anyone have any solid resources/articles for the repo part? I have read through several and am really struggling. I have wget resolving, I have signed .deb and everything else. But I simply can not get the target to pull ANYTHING with a**-g** u*****. pls hlp.

EDIT: PEBKAC - I was tilted and serving from the wrong directory.
I can pull packages but they get “held back” at a later step… respect and beer given to anyone who helps me.

EDIT again: My GOD. What a doozy. I learnt an incredible amount. Probably the hardest yet most rewarding box I have done so far out of everything I have seen here, in vulnhub and in the OSCP labs.

Great box ! What an amazing root dance ! I’ve learned a lot of things and really enjoyed it ! Thank you !

Rooted! It’s my favorite box now! Thank you @jkr !

Having issues getting my tunnel working properly. Can’t access the a**** page. I just keep getting forbidden. Can someone please help me with my syntax issues because I feel I am on the right track based off this thread.

Hello :slight_smile:
I’m stucked at the root part. I got the successfull.y message, but I don’t know how to find the file. If someone could help me/ could give me a hint, that would be nice.

Got shell, but still don’t have user flag

got root! it’s really interesting box. PM for hint

Stuck staring at the Admin login for the last 2 hours.
Read the entire forum, and can’t find the “file”.
Edit: I’m in. Now stuck at upload part for 2 days.
Edit: On to root…

Woof, I feel like a fool. Can anyone PM me with a nudge? I have the initial s*p access and managed to find some creds with mls, but I am totally stuck on actually getting access to the high port. I understand tunneling is involved but I can’t see how I can activate it with the privileges available. Thanks!

EDIT: nevermind I figured it out. To anyone else also having this issue: make sure you actually understand what you’re doing with the tunneling command, read the docs.

Type your comment> @ZerkerEOD said:

Type your comment> @PavelKCZ said:

Check if you do not suddenly have two tun interfaces on your Kali. If so, restart your machine, not the server.

I didn’t check to see if I had more than one tun interface but I did reset my machine. I walked away a couple times and came back fresh throughout the day.

Folks you don’t have to reset or reboot your machine for the tunnel issue. you can just kill your vpn tunnel by “pkill openvpn” and it will remove any openvpn you have established. Everytime you connect to hackthebox, a new interface is created starting from tun range 0, and if you establish another vpn, then you have tun1 & tun0. which then makes it hard for the system to find his gateway. so just “pkill openvpn” and re-establish your vpn :slight_smile: