Bastion

Rooted w/o using Windows. I don’t believe Windows is needed for root at all - it could make things easier with user and the S** service as it’s native, but googling for “kali mounting (file type) over (protocol)” works very well.
I also learned a lot about a certain 3-letter file on Windows. All in all very satisfied.
Feel free to PM for a nudge!

Rooted
hint for user; what can yo do with an offline System32 folder
hint for Administrator; enumerate installed programs

PM for help

Done and dusted. Nice box.
HINT : Up the Mountain I went…which was easy. Then starring into the remote, looking for a place to sleep, I found a crypt. And all was good.

Got a root :slight_smile: Bastion was 3rd machine I owned both user and root but it was the easiest one…definitely. I rarely checked this thread or tried to get help while pwning this machine. I needed few hours to get user as well as root while I spent a week owning SwagShop :wink: I hope it’s because I learned something already :slight_smile:
TIP for root: not everything is visible

Got user and root, thank you for the nudge @nobrainer and thanks for the awesome and practical challenege @L4mpje .

PM if you need a nudge.

Got root! Very funny box even with windows software.
Other hint for root: Not all is in Program Files :slight_smile:
PM me if you wanna help. Regards!

Thank you @L4mpje for the nice box.
And thank you @0xNoOne for the nice script.

Got root !! I am really just starting in CTFs and it was a good box. Learned about smb enumeration. And vhd files and the password hash cracking for the special application ;D

Can someone PM me? I’m officially stuck and am not sure on how to proceed. I’ve mounted the v** files and have looked in all the usual places for creds, but so far haven’t found any. I’ve been using tools to comb through beehives yet nothing juicy has appeared.

Hi everybody, well Finally I get VHD files, but I can’t find any clue about it, I need some push to finish, may someone help me?

Finally root! Thx for all your help, your hints in this thread guide us for the correct path :slight_smile: It has been my first machine, I’m so proud and happy!!!

Ok, got the box finally using Kali only. Not many rabbit holes here, guess I walked into all of them.
Besides this thread, which was really helpful, special thanks to @S7uXN37 for the pushes in the right direction :slight_smile: Sometimes I will even understand Windows a bit…

Hi guys, this is my second machine and I want to know whether I’m still on track. Can anyone PM me?

@luixtao Thanks for the help

Rooted! Really fun box, I’m working on bettering my understanding of Windows machines and this was really informative. Learned a TON from getting user, especially ways to avoid having to use a windows VM :slight_smile: I’m grateful it was something modern as well. Thanks @L4mpje! PM me if you need any hints or nudges

Rooted! very nice box. and interesting in the setup and methods used to root it.
Took a bit of playing around with. Software is the key

Hi All,
Just registered and this was my first box, this is awesome :slight_smile:
Do we know when the box will retire? Seems like I’ll need to get another one quick before it happens so I can make it out of ‘Noob’ :slight_smile:

I found user password but don’t know what to do with it. Could use some help with this. Thanks. No need!! Got the user.txt, now on to root

where did hackerman go ?

This was an awesome machine from top to bottom.

Anyone who needs a nudge, can approach me.