Chatterbox

Finally got the shell to be stable, tried several privesc suggested, no luck. Any hints?

@fatalglitch said:
Finally got the shell to be stable, tried several privesc suggested, no luck. Any hints?

Hmmm… ever wondered if you already had the priv?

Tried to access priv’d file in a few different ways, no luck…

@fatalglitch said:
Tried to access priv’d file in a few different ways, no luck…

pm me

can I pm someone on priv esc? Tried several different things no luck.

@Semtex said:
can I pm someone on priv esc? Tried several different things no luck.

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

Thank you

It is a bind shell?

i can not get stable shell…tried so many times. i found the port, exploit, and payload but every time i get session died on MSF. and i tried to migrate to other running process and did not work i just get Timeout…any advice plz

ps. i run everything after reset :slight_smile:

Use a more basic shell

@unashamedgeek said:
Use a more basic shell

also using metasploit??

I wouldn’t use metasploit exploits.

i tried the python exploit and simple payload,bt i am still stuck strangely :frowning:

what shall i do please. this seems easy box as many have pawned it.

only issue im finding with this box is a stable shell, i know the service that needs to be exploited. I get meterpreter very rarely and usually last about 5 seconds

@jayt1990 said:
only issue im finding with this box is a stable shell, i know the service that needs to be exploited. I get meterpreter very rarely and usually last about 5 seconds

same here

@jayt1990 said:

Same here! trying to find the basic payload but it’s not working.

@cafeitduong said:

@jayt1990 said:

Same here! trying to find the basic payload but it’s not working.

PM ME

In terms of privilege escalation, should we obtain a privileged shell, or just get the root.txt hash?

Thanks.

@fkg0qi said:
In terms of privilege escalation, should we obtain a privileged shell, or just get the root.txt hash?

Thanks.

Let’s see. We just have to enter the contents of root.txt. So root.txt content would be enough. But you can spawn a shell for your ego or so :slight_smile:

Need help, I got the port, the exploit and maybe the payload. But I can’t get the session works. Sometimes I get this error: 10.10.10.74 - Command shell session 1 closed. Reason: Died from Errno::ECONNRESET