Jarvis

finally got user thanks for the tips to @sirusthevirus and @KevinMoore

Rooted! Fun box, and learned a ton, especially during root.

Thanks to all who helped.

I found s*****r.py and got stuck. Please give me a hint to solve the user(PM).

Rooted. Took longer than expected with work days lasting so long recently. Only worked on the box ~20-30 minutes at a time. Still, smooth and simple and I’m thankful for a break from some of these head banging machines.

Props to @manulqwerty and @Ghostpp7 for rolling out a box that can teach a lot for people just getting into this stuff, while also keeping it concise enough that you don’t tread too far away from the final objective. Kudos.

There are some really great hints already here in the forum too. If you find yourself really struggling after too much “try harder-[ing]”, then feel free to reach out if you need help, as well.

learned from this box, google is your friend b**h command substitution

Rooted. Fun and simple.

Hints:

• Check out OWASP top ten
  • How many ways can you think of for redirecting the output of one command to another?
  • Last step is pretty straight forward, but you’ll need some Googling

Feel free to PM if you’re stuck

I’m such a newbie in solving machines. Can you tell me any retired machines that are lowkey similar to Jarvis, so I can watch Ippsec videos and learn from them

back to the learning bench

Ive waited 10 mins and even rebooted but the web page still says:
“Hey you have been banned for 90 seconds, don’t be bad”

Type your comment> @WiseGuy said:

Ive waited 10 mins and even rebooted but the web page still says:
“Hey you have been banned for 90 seconds, don’t be bad”

you’re hitting the machine with too much requests. check @deviate advice. try to go manual.

what’s so cool about s***y. if you run commands you’re still wa so why is that useful.

Type your comment> @FlompyDoo said:

what’s so cool about s***y. if you run commands you’re still wa so why is that useful.

On *nix systems, there are a couple different ways where when you run a program it actually executes as another user. Programs with those permissions by their very nature are often among the most interest targets when attempting to privesc.

Stuck in user.Do i need to focus on s******.py?

Rooted! Nice and fun box! Anyone who need a hint feel free to PM :wink:

Type your comment> @picaro said:

Stuck in user.Do i need to focus on s******.py?

Yup,check the code and then look for a way to bypass it.

Rooted!

Good box. Lot’s of steps for an “easy” box but very straightforward.

Foothold: aim well when taking a dump
User: There’s probably a few ways to do this. But my hint is remember to play with POSIX only. The command doesn’t use bash
Root: enumerate for a weird misconfiguration

Hi!

I’m completely stucked on privesc, i think i’ve found the point with s*******l but not sure about how can i use it… if someone could help me with a link to some resources that could help me to privesc…

Thanks!

Type your comment> @NightFury said:

Hi!

I’m completely stucked on privesc, i think i’ve found the point with s*******l but not sure about how can i use it… if someone could help me with a link to some resources that could help me to privesc…

Thanks!

Sent you a message.

Why on earth would someone change the codes in s******.*y - seriously why???

I submitted a reset for the box but obviously it won’t reset now that I’ve figured out how to get to user LOL - seriously if changing those codes was just to troll those who haven’t got user yet, not cool man >:(