Jarvis

@dm7500 said:

I do know that I have su access to the script when I run it as a certain person. I can get it to run now, but I’m having issues in adding my own commands after the IP for the -p option

Keep at it :slight_smile:

@zac777 said:

Stuck on that part as well, maybe reading the code might help , but even with that I’m still lost.

It will help, but you could also just try something and see what happens.

Type your comment> @dm7500 said:

Type your comment> @deviate said:

I found s______.py, but when I try to run it with the -p option, it gives a syntax error. Is this intended, or am I doing something wrong?

There’s not really enough information in your comment for me to know for sure what is going on here, but that script doesn’t work correctly under python2 if that helps. If that is the issue, however, you’re missing another important detail.

I do know that I have su access to the script when I run it as a certain person. I can get it to run now, but I’m having issues in adding my own commands after the IP for the -p option

Yeah, so there are a bunch of hints earlier in this thread about that. Examine what the code is doing in that codepath and think about how you might be able to exploit it if there weren’t a filter. Then try to figure out if there’s some way to do something similar without getting caught by the filter.

how are you guys learning that www-data is a user?

had fun on this box, very well done. loved the clues along the way. would pwn again.

I found s______.py, but when I try to run it with the -p option, it gives a syntax error. Is this intended, or am I doing something wrong?

You’re missing something.

@Fugl is right, check to see what you can do and try not to over think it.

Any tips for failed to enable / link unit even though it exists?

EDIT: Rooted! My PrivEsc advice is make sure you have a full, valid shell and it should work no problem.

Nice box … feel free to PM if you need a hint :slight_smile:

got the same error. Driving me crazy :confused:

Type your comment> @awkward said:

got the same error. Driving me crazy :confused:

try moving the file somewhere else… where it makes sense… :wink:

The ban hurts… ):

It was a good box. I learned a lot, mainly about privesc.

I am grateful for the help the @EternalB1ue and the @kfupm

If anyone can help on s**********y bypass, that would be really good. I have been trying a lot of methods but don’t find anything.

Nice privesc! :slight_smile: Thought it would be simple but it turned out trickier than I thought, which is a welcome surprise!

Not a fan of the phase from initial foothold to user though…

Some tips: (again if mods feel this is too spoilery please feel free to edit)
Initial foothold: If I gave you a CTF web problem that asks you to search something, what’s the first thing you should try?

User: Google around for some bypasses

Root: Just blindly following a certain well known website won’t give you everything, there’s more to it than what’s given.

As always, DM me for more tips!

rooted!

funny box with basics from beginning to end

feel free to PM for hints, but only if you show me what you tried (and try harder)

BTW when editing the comment i get Unknown column 'Active in ‘field list’ in this forum. is it vulnerable to something?

rooted!

funny box with basics from beginning to end

feel free to PM for hints, but only if you show me what you tried (and try harder)

BTW when editing the comment i get Unknown column 'Active in ‘field list’ in this forum. is it vulnerable to something?

IDK why I got ban for 90 seconds after machine reset -_-

Thanks to @wisd for the tip.

Clue for initial foothold:

When you are trying to buy the dip

I have low shell and Im stuck with www-**** can someone give me pointers

Nice Box !

User : Nice privesc w*******a to user.

root : Hard for me, I was in the good way but I lost time… Enumerate :wink:

I learn a lots for the root
thx for this box

DM me if you need :wink: