Massacre Hint

Nevermind, I got it.

Can someone DM me. I’ve tried LSB converted to hex,ascii got nothing. I’m stuck thinking through different approaches.

can someone suggest some methods to solve this , I already tried some of the basics such as looking in the image in hex ,searching for base64, or extracting the LSBs nothing seems to help, I cant seem to find a tool for viewing the pixels of the massacre image

I’ve got a slew of data and none of it makes any sense. Did I go the wrong direction? Please DM me a nudge, preferable a big one since I am completely lost at this point.

EDIT 3/13/19 : FINALLY! With a bit of scripting help and a dark ritual or two and I finally got it. This challenge is beyond evil

Welp can’t solve it. Used multiple tools and lost. Seeing as no one is helping i’ll skip this.

EDIT 3/13/19: Thanks N30C0UNT yea that was pretty interesting challenge. I can’t wait for more stego challenges to be added later.

I finally managed to solve it. The first steps are pretty similar to “not_art”, but at the end a brainfart was necessary to solve it (I forgot one specific “calculation” on the RGB values). Whoever needs advice, PM me if you want!

This is my last stego and I am really stuck here. I am trying to find the “different” pixels and so after getting the values as in “not_art” I used sql to find the unique values. Now I have got an excel with the values and I can guess some of them are almost “funny” but I don’t know what to do with them.

Thank you N30C0UNT with your help I finally managed to solve it. That was heck of a challenge.

Tried not_art way. Got pixels, got base. Tried to decode without success.

just a quick one to get my bearings,
Am i looking at a custom LSB algo
or
something else like Not_art that i need to do something with the values??
if this is a spoiler plz feel free to PM me.

Hi,
I am stuck on this one. I got the pixels but I am unsure how to build my base.

Would very much appreciate a nudge, I believe I am on the right track, I’ve come up with 2 groups of pixel values, and have taken notice of the edges of the image. Not quite sure what to do with the values I got, it seems like I have so many leads but just can’t figure out the last step.

Nice challenge, took me a few days of staring at numbers and crashing my text editor with too much data. Some hints:

• Look for odd looking pixels (numerically, not in a graphical editor).
  • Pay attention to the range of values those pixels take.
  • Modulo is a cool operation.

Hello, I am very confused with this challenge … I used a script called check_png.sh and I was able to see a lot of metadata and apparently there is a file (PGP \ 011Secret Sub-key -) but I don’t know how I can try to remove it. I’m a little lost … Could someone please help me?

Hum, tryed to get my way on this challenge. Really hard. Unable to find anything… Any nudge here ? maybe thru PM ?

I’ve identified 2 different types of pixels by values. I’ve tried converting the RGB values in all sorts of ways and I’m just not able to come up with anything.

Is anyone able to help me out?

If anyone needs help lmk, I suck at writing comments that aren’t considered spoilers.

Type your comment> @Arrexel said:

Since it’s been 3 days since release and still no solves:

Some pixels are not like the others.

That’s all. Try harder :wink:

did you have any other info? stuck currently and looking for direction kkthanks

nice hints, looks like nice, i’ll try again

Hi, any hints to start on this challenge?
I’ve tryied all the ways I know, but nothing

Thanks

A phenomenal challenge! This is my first Expert challenge ever. Took me four hours with the hints here. I’m sure those of you that found the flag at first release had a heck of a time figuring this one out.

If you’re on page two of the hints, go back and read what you have.
My hint?
I recommend attempting other challenges by the same creator before attempting this one.