Bastion

Nailed user, Onward and upwards to root!

@juggydancesqd said:
Nailed user, Onward and upwards to root!

And rooted! good fun this one, Give me a nudge if you want a hint

having issues on mouting .vhs files, it’s seems like guestmount stays on “supermin: ext2: copying files from host filesystem”

Type your comment> @cyberagux said:

having issues on mouting .vhs files, it’s seems like guestmount stays on “supermin: ext2: copying files from host filesystem”

PM me, I think I can help

HI guys, Do you have any suggestions to watch walkthroughs on retired boxes which might help me on this machine??

Got root!!
Thanks a lot for that script @0xNoOne <3

Got a user :slight_smile: This was really simple. I needed an hour or so to get user flag.
And guys if you have problem with finding an app for vm files which shows up as very first google result when you ask google I’m surprise why you waste your time on system security portals ?? Seriously, I can’t believe ppl asked for help with finding this app…
Time for admin :slight_smile:

Joined the party 2 days ago and was running around like a headless chicken as this was my first Windows machine ever. I was seriously trying to use EternalBlue and other atomic bombs, lol. But after reading all the nudges here, it became more clear what to do. +1 respect to @L4mpje , nice box! For those still stuck: Just read comments here and sleep one night over it, then you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Howdy all, this is my first real box to try. I completed another, with the help of a personal friend trying to “mentor” me if you will. He has become unavailable. I’ve done as much enumeration as I know how. Just hoping someone can DM, and help me through the steps, I’m not asking for exact answers. Just a helping hand, thank you!

Thank you @L4mpje, nice box.
Thank you @hatsat32 for help.

owned root. awesome box. thanks @L4mpje !

Type your comment> @servetel10 said:

Got root!!
Thanks a lot for that script @0xNoOne <3

No problem! Glad it helped! :slight_smile:
Script in question: secret link

ROOTED without Windows VM

I loved this box! Thanks @L4mpje

If anyone need help just ping me

rooted, thanks @kmahyyg. I did this all in Kali for what it’s worth. I would be interested in knowing how to decrypt using Windows though.

User and Root complete, nice target definitely learned things that I hadn’t ran into before. Did almost all in Kali, just final decrypt in windows.

PM if you need a nudge

I got user and root in Kali, but I would be interested in knowing how to decrypt using Windows.

PM if you need a nudge.

Rooted w/o using Windows. I don’t believe Windows is needed for root at all - it could make things easier with user and the S** service as it’s native, but googling for “kali mounting (file type) over (protocol)” works very well.
I also learned a lot about a certain 3-letter file on Windows. All in all very satisfied.
Feel free to PM for a nudge!

Rooted
hint for user; what can yo do with an offline System32 folder
hint for Administrator; enumerate installed programs

PM for help

Done and dusted. Nice box.
HINT : Up the Mountain I went…which was easy. Then starring into the remote, looking for a place to sleep, I found a crypt. And all was good.