Crooked crockford [misc]

@cyberus said:
They do lead somewhere…but some bits are missing :slight_smile:

I think this is misleading a bit, it’s rather a representation of specific character encoding scheme until the output makes sense after doing the obvious transformation, and taking into consideration the challenge name. “Missing bits” implies that you manually need to manipulate (add/remove) bits – however, that was not the case in this challenge.

In my opinion (and I don’t know if I’m even close), the first transformation is what has been suggested.
Now, the missing bits… Considering all alphanumeric ascii are below 128, we can try making sure all octets start with 0 (adding the missing bits there)…

Just an idea tho… the result is not clear so far.

God bless dcode.fr :wink:

Type your comment> @GibParadox said:

In my opinion (and I don’t know if I’m even close), the first transformation is what has been suggested.
Now, the missing bits… Considering all alphanumeric ascii are below 128, we can try making sure all octets start with 0 (adding the missing bits there)…

Just an idea tho… the result is not clear so far.

Actually ,u got the right idea.

I need to find the correct locations tho… :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @GibParadox said:

I need to find the correct locations tho… :slight_smile:

How many bits are in a byte?

@cyberus said:
How many bits are in a byte?
Eight, but what next? Output of creating 0-started octects makes 3 bits alone and output is unreadable.

Done!

I was on the right track, but overcomplicating it…

Ordinary ASCII is not 8 bits. :stuck_out_tongue:

Spoiler Removed

Done, if you wanna help, please PM me :wink: … thanks a lot @Kucharskov
All hints are mentionned above like:

• God bless dcode.fr
  • Bit missing are unnecesarry
  • ASCII is not 8 bit
  • challenge name gives you all
  • the ch******* name will tell you what to do to validate

■■■, dont get lost as myself when you try to use flag as password for zip file you downloaded to get source txt:D

Hints:
No bytes are missing. You’ll definately not add anything. Just arrange them correctly. Use Holly dcode.fr

Ok, looks like my post was a spoiler. Erm…The hints above are enough to help you through this challenge but if you are stuck, then feel free to PM me!

Ok, looks like my post was a spoiler. Erm…The hints above are enough to help you through this challenge but if you are stuck, then feel free to PM me!

it would have been impossible for me if not for the hint “ASCII is not 8 bit”, after that its quite simple. Thank you @trigger for the nudge :slight_smile:

Nice challenge. I think @m4nu’s hints are sufficient for this, but send me a PM if you need more hints.

This challenge was quite a thing… I had the base 32 string all this time and could not decode it as i was trying other online sites and later build one myself using python… later i realised that I could have done it so easily without writing any piece of code XD

that was quite a lot of fuss… thanks a lot @AzAxIaL :smile:

Wow, I really need to learn to read properly. I tried almost everything, but somehow though the first step was not necessary… It is very difficult to solve it without that first step. (first messages in this thread :wink: )