OSCP Proctored Exam - Guide - Tips

Thanks this helps! Got my lab scheduled to start July 20. Cant wait!

Type your comment> @emaragkos said:

Thanks for the answers! A few more now haha :slight_smile:
All of the target are Windows?
What OS are most likely to use?
Are they correlated in order to solve them all?
Machines are more CTF or real life?
Common CVE or manual exploitation?

1. Nope
  2. It’s 50/50 chance on the OS of each server
  3. Nope, each server is a standalone. At least that was my experience.
  4. I would say more like real-life. There isn’t any steganography or some bizarre cryptographic message you have to decode.
  5. Either, sometimes both.

Best of luck!

frolic, conceal

Type your comment> @emaragkos said:

Thanks for the answers! A few more now haha :slight_smile:
All of the target are Windows?
What OS are most likely to use?
Are they correlated in order to solve them all?
Machines are more CTF or real life?
Common CVE or manual exploitation?

No, each exam rotation is different they’re a mix between windows and linux.

They are not correlated, each machine has its own way in.

They are more real life focused!

Common CVEs

https://support.offensive-security.com/oscp-exam-guide/

“You must achieve a minimum score of 70 points to pass the exam”

…not 75

honestly, we should design an HTB certification, as I spoke with a mate, I would rather hire someone who did Endgame than oscp.

Thanks for the info! I just finished eJPT and am taking in OSCP next.

Type your comment> @hvalmas said:

https://support.offensive-security.com/oscp-exam-guide/

“You must achieve a minimum score of 70 points to pass the exam”

…not 75

yup

Type your comment> @AgentSmith said:

@AgentSmith said:

Best of luck @AgentSmith

What screen shot tool did u use? I am working out of Kali, was wondering what tool could be used on the Linux side.

Hey, How much points they deduct if someone has submitted local.txt and proof.txt in control panel and also in the exam report, but forgot to add ifconfig command? do they deduct complete 20 points or do they just deduct 5,5 for each ( mean for local and proof)?

Well I guess you may end up with 0 Points if they have a bad day if you read this: https://support.offensive-security.com/oscp-exam-guide/

Point Disqualification:

“Failure to provide the local.txt and proof.txt file contents in both the control panel and in a screenshot”

I guess it kinda depends if OffSec has a good day

Another question,

To what extent do we need to use programming skills here to modify exploits ? Do you recommend we take Python courses or Python for hacking sort of courses ? And what languages should we know

Also, is it true that the exploits are pretty obvious and it’s just a matter of using them correctly or modifying them if need be? This is putting aside falling into rabbit holes

Type your comment> @peek said:

honestly, we should design an HTB certification, as I spoke with a mate, I would rather hire someone who did Endgame than oscp.

If that’s the case then hire away my good sir, I’ll be waiting… ?

Quick question someone might know the answer to. In the new exam can you still you a laptop for the webcam and then run the screen capture software on your exam machine?

I’m concerned about running it all on my exam machine abs having it crash.

Type your comment> @sgniner said:

Quick question someone might know the answer to. In the new exam can you still you a laptop for the webcam and then run the screen capture software on your exam machine?

I’m concerned about running it all on my exam machine abs having it crash.

I used my laptop for the webcam feed and my pc to do the exam. Yeah you can do it.

Type your comment> @yb4Iym8f88 said:

Mmm… I think it is not a good idea to violate official rules :slight_smile: Even if it could work from time to time.

https://support.offensive-security.com/proctoring-faq/
See “Can I use a separate machine for the WebCam feed?” q&a

Then they actually changed that because I legit emailed them asking about just in case and they said no problem lol

Yea this is where my confusion came from. I know it says it now in the new rues but I think I’ll mail them to seek clarification. I’d prefer to just have the live feed on my laptop and do the exam on kali VM running on my PC.
Either way I’ll prepare to have it working both ways just in case.

I just had the OSCP exam and I passed !
You need one computer where you should share your webcam. The exam should be taken from that same computer where your webcam is running and screen sharing is enabled by the proctor.

A seperate laptop/computer is not allowed for webcam sharing.

Really good post, thank you!