Writeup

is it related with anything like script to prevent DoS ?

Spoiler Removed

Type your comment

this is funny. the password i get doesn’t work for admin, not for ssh.

Type your comment> @illuminatiguy said:

Type your comment> @baltazzar said:

a nudge in the right direction will be appreciated,i love that box but i don’t know where to start except getting the wr****** page and i can’t go any further,
i know i am missing something,a little help will be appreciated please,
A Skiddie is here xD

study the source code… line by line… see for any “details” and search on “GOOGLE” for relevant exploit!

i did and i gained the user already after the post was written by half an hour, i just had to adjust the time,i am now fighting with privesc. xD thanks a lot man

Root took a while for me. Pretty much everything has already been said in this discussion, but still I’ll add my hints in case they help anyone…

User: Wappalizer + Google. You should read all the exploits you run carefully before running them.

Root: pspy was very helpful. It also helps to open another terminal and perform some stuff in the box to find the “interesting process”. If you can’t read what the “interesting process” does, you might be in the wrong track.

Hope I’m not spoiling much. PS: I didn’t use hashcat or john for anything.

Ok i feel really stuck at root. Pls pm me

i understand the /w****** but there is a .htaccess and i don’t understand which exploit to use i think to exploit we need an authenticate user

can someone send me PM for more explication thx

Rooted. Fun box - thank you.

Type your comment> @geLecram said:

I am not sure if I am using the right exploit for getting past the /w**p/an. I definitely hit a wall. I need a serious hint.

did u get any creds ?

i got some creds from S*** , but i don’t know how i can use them , i tried with a****
but nothing useful

any hint please , i’d be thankful

Got user, onto root.

Ready for a nudge, can someone PM please?

Type your comment> @HoodedFigure said:

i got some creds from S*** , but i don’t know how i can use them , i tried with a****
but nothing useful

Type your comment> @BashShabakate0 said:

but nothing useful

Consider using the creds on other services running on the box.

Rooted, thanks @pkaiser for the nudge.

Oh man, that was a clutch root.
Feels like doing parkour in cyberspace.

This box was pretty fun. User was super Hollywood, and honestly so was root.
Use the tool, watch what happens when a connection occurs, dig into that.
It’s a classic B&S. Just gotta travel down the right path :wink:

DM for for juicy nudges. Lmk what you’ve done so far tho, don’t wanna spoil anything.

rooted. Did anyone get root locally without having to resort to using nc/msf? I would like to hear how you did it.

PM for nudges.

Type your comment> @1NC39T10N said:

Very nice box @jkr .

Root is tricky to find if others are not on the box IMO. Use the tool already mentioned to monitor processes, but generate traffic to the box while this is running using the VERY last step needed to get user. Observe the process, and consider how to leverage.

Just got root. this comment makes perfect sense now lol thanks @1NC39T10N for the hint

I got the hashes using a certain exploit but can’t crack it. I’ve used hashcat/john but nothing worked. Am I missing something?

Edit: Silly me, I didn’t read the script. Got user :slight_smile: