Pusheen Loves Graphs

I also had trouble working with IDA, but it is not that complicated… just focus on the error

Errors! Alerts! IDA… Pusheen… ahj!!! Where to look!!!

Oh!!! yes! Very fun!

I have the flag and now its not letting me enter it, any ideas?

Is IDA an explicit requirement or can other debuggers/disassembly programs be used? I’m familiar with Cutter/radare2 but I don’t have ready access to IDA and would like to avoid installing it if it isn’t necessary.

Hi, I am not sure how to start it ? I am unable to execute the file , any hints

@Muffinz said:
I have the flag and now its not letting me enter it, any ideas?

You have to add HTB{}

@antumbra said:
Is IDA an explicit requirement or can other debuggers/disassembly programs be used? I’m familiar with Cutter/radare2 but I don’t have ready access to IDA and would like to avoid installing it if it isn’t necessary.

If the debugger can do what Pusheen loves in IDA…

@VihangiV said:
Hi, I am not sure how to start it ? I am unable to execute the file , any hints

Download and install IDA free.

This challenge, while fun, is too easy for 30 points in my opinion. The challenge description pretty much contains the path to solving it. Literally took one minute while some 20 point challenges took me hours.

PS: The challenge mentions IDA, the free 7.0 version is enough (works on (almost) all operating systems and does not require registration).

after cat and IDA what do you do with it from there? I’m also getting an error in IDA when it loads…

@bipolarmorgan said:
after cat and IDA what do you do with it from there? I’m also getting an error in IDA when it loads…

Read that what that error says and try to fix that

Type your comment> @elearning said:

@bipolarmorgan said:

Read that what that error says and try to fix that

I can’t seem to fix the errors I’m having with IDA - it requires qwingraph and I can’t seem to compile it from src… help?! anyone?!

so I had to find a qt5 version of qwingraph to work with IDA, then I had to open the file properly in IDA just to get what I needed. That was not as easy as it should’ve been.

For those that are having issues with IDA and graphs - https://github.com/WqyJh/qwingraph_qt5

Took me a few moments to find where I had to change a setting to be able to pull this flag. Then I had to be careful about how it was typed. If you need a hint feel free to pm

Hi Guys,
is it possible to solve this challenge with Ghidra?

Didn’t work with Ghidra.

This was too easy for 30 points imho

Can you solve this challenge under windows OS ?

Type your comment> @JadeTheNinja said:

Can you solve this challenge under windows OS?

You can do. You have to run a tool to solve this challenge. That tool is available in windows.

Sometimes an easy challenge is just what you need.
Thanks, funny challenge

I hope that this isn’t too much of a spoiler, but this whole challenge really is the proper installation and configuration of the disassembler mentioned in the challenge description. The challenge isn’t what will drive you crazy. The configuration of the program will.

-No other disassembler (including online ones) worked for me other than the one referenced in the description.

-I had to use it on Windows OS because compiling the graphic visualizer from source on linux was neigh impossible and constantly fails dependencies. If you want, it worked with “PlayonLinux” and you can pop open a shell and upload the plugin from within PlayonLinux’s “Config” menu.

-I am pretty sure that qwingraph.exe has to be put in the disassembler’s base directory. I put it in /cfg too. The copy that I used was (Release Wingraph · x64dbg/testplugin · GitHub), download at your own discretion, that’s just the version that I used.

From there, the challenge description contains enough information to put it together. Again, I hope that it’s not too much of a spoiler, it’s that installing and configuring that program will absolutely, positively drive you mad. The challenge is just fun :slight_smile:

Well, I used the correct tool (version 7.0 free) and with one very trivial tweak to the preferences, the flag literally just popped up when I ran the program. Using linux, I had no need to install qwingraph or any other additional software. This challenge seems like more of a basic proof of concept than anything else.