Emdee five for life

Just be sure to be faster than 375000 microseconds :lol:

got it! trust me: you’re doing it right, mostly. PM me if you have an issue.

Got the flag … great web challenge. Ended up using Python to solve it (similar to the hints already discussed). PM if you need any help.

Nice challenge! Once understood what needs to be done, it’s 4 lines bash script with sed, md5sum and curl. Could be reduced to a one-liner.

It’s even do-able using JavaScript and the browser console, copy-paste fast enough and done

@enigmaNL said:

This might be impossible from some regions :frowning: It takes 299ms just to get the response all the way down under.

You should try an online python compiler like this one:

I owned the challenge using it. It has the requests, hashlib and bs4 modules pre installed.

@J4C0814N said:
@enigmaNL said:

This might be impossible from some regions :frowning: It takes 299ms just to get the response all the way down under.

You should try an online python compiler like this one:

I owned the challenge using it. It has the requests, hashlib and bs4 modules pre installed.

Hello. I was wondering if someone who completed the challenge could look over my code, because i am not sure what part i am missing.

Hi there,

The script I have compiled it functional and completes within
0:00:00.098590
[Finished in 0.7s]

However I am still getting TOO SLOW!!!

Could anyone please assist with this.
If you message or reply I can show/describe the script I have compiled in Pyhton

Type your comment> @syicoma said:

Hi there,

[Finished in 0.7s]

If you message or reply I can show/describe the script I have compiled in Pyhton

Try the speed of light function

syicoma@scorp:~/Desktop$ time python3.5 htb.py
Too slow!

real 0m0.288s
user 0m0.196s
sys 0m0.024s

Could you please explain further. I am new to python so…

I have place the script within a function which seems to help a bit with speed but still nowhere near getting a huge difference in the run time .

@cyberus said:
Type your comment> @syicoma said:

Hi there,

[Finished in 0.7s]

Try the speed of light function

@cyberus

Finally got it. :slight_smile: took so revising on my scripting but got it :slight_smile:

Did this yesterday via PowerShell (mostly because my Python just isn’t there yet and I had limited time before I left work).
Thankyou @L4mpje That was fun!

Type your comment> @h3iron said:

You can use your shell knowledge too. I created a one-liner and it was fast enough.

That sounds cool!

As others have said, python, easy challenge.

Type your comment> @m4nu said:

@H0plite don’t miss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5e6ftNpGsU

nice hint :slight_smile:

Internet speed matters…
I had to run my Python script several times because it said too slow the previous times.

There is no need for something more than your browser… you can always run js on web console which means no need for cookie fights

I’m by no means a python expert (more like a noob to it), but it took me some 10 mins to get it done.

Just 2 libs (hashlib and requests).

Good fun optimizing the code for speed… good old days :slight_smile:

Feel free to PM me for a nudge.

Hi everyone ! I’ve got the flag with “request”, “hashlib” and “re”. But, in the first place, I tried with BeautifoulSoup instead of “re” and its not working.
I’d like to figure out why, can someone contact me in private ? :smile: