Bastion

Rooted. A huge thanks to @tachikoma for posting a pretty important blog post about mounting. Learned a lot about sensitive Windows Files !

Type your comment> @gndux said:

I can not mount the image even if it appears on the fdisk, if someone gives me a hand I will thank you very much

How did you try? You can mount any Windows share as a CIFS mount on Linux.

Type your comment> @nspagnola27 said:

Can anyone help me with user? I can’t download the vhd files, whenever I try the connection just drops

no need to download the large files…just try mounting it

Got User without Windows using only ParrotOS.
Towards root!

i could use a little help…
i was able to get into the ***client backups server
found something interesting but unsure what it is.

sounds like there might be more than one way to crack this…
anyway…
any and all hints would be much appreciated thanks !

bastion\administrator

this box is so fun

yes I’m enjoying this box… hey… i think i found a password hash can someone please help me with john or hashcat?
pm please :slight_smile:

Thanks to Joe on HTB Discord for the assistance, got User and Root from Kali (no Win VM required)

There are 2 vhd files! Should i combine them into one? or view them separately?

Thanks @L4mpje! It is very interesting box.

Type your comment> @p3tj3v said:

Nice box. Root part with the help off a Windows VM.
Wondering indeed if that would be possible using Linux

Yes, it’s possible. I have got the root hash w/o using Windows VM at all and by following the tips here in the forum thread.

PM me if you need help.

Type your comment> @illuminatiguy said:

No, no need to combine them. Just look into each and seek for info. One of them will be your friend :wink:

Rooted! Nice box. If someone needs help let me know.

PP

Type your comment> @qmi said:

Type your comment> @illuminatiguy said:

No, no need to combine them. Just look into each and seek for info. One of them will be your friend :wink:

Yeah figured that out, idk why i asked that stupid question! maybe desparation? xD

Well, anyways, mounted the right one through the share, but while browsing the files in the drive, everything looks normal.

I even tried hivexs*** to browse W*********onfig\SA but even that didnt have anything good

I am not able to find the credentials everyone’s been talking 'bout, a nudge at this point will be a great help!

Thanks and Best regards

Got it! It was very big mountain to climb on. That vhd - nice touch. I usualy do not do win machines, as I am more comfortable with Linux machines, but this was very nice one!

Currently stuck at mounting the the VHD. Based on some articles my command seems to be correct however it’s still failing to mount. I think it’s a problem with guestmount… Any help would be appreciated.

rooted. Thanks for all of the hints on the forums. Super thanks to kmahyyg!

rooted: good box need help pm

nice box. took a bit of digging, but got root and user from kali.

Was trying how to browse the files. Is it possible to view the files without using windows? Maybe kali?