Bastion

Finally rooted! Thanks for the hints, had to work hard. On Win-VM.
Learned alot as a noob.
Thanks @L4mpje and hinters!

Quite a fun box - hit a few hurdles because I didnt have libguestfs-tools and cifs-utils installed but with them, it was nice and straightforward. Kali all the way.

Rooted with full pure Linux.

PM me for hints

what to do with those user login credentials without downloading the whole backup file? I’m really stuck on here, any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Type your comment> @CurrentUser said:

what to do with those user login credentials without downloading the whole backup file? I’m really stuck on here, any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe find a service that usually requires authentication and try it with that. I don’t really remember this box but I’d be happy to help in anyway I can if you refresh my memory.

@Phase yeah found that service, another fella gave me a hint. Thank you anyways!

IDK if anyone shared this before, but here is link which can help you mount.

Rooted with kali only, the git script mentioned a few pages before works like a charm.

Hi,

After having a hard time trying to mount what I needed, I got access to the Windows files and now going for enumeration.

No need to download the VHD files.

PP

ROOTED!!! without windows vm… yuppy!

hello everyone!
could use some help with this box! please pm me

@cyberus said:

John works fine (Tested) u probably didnt specify the hash type.
Not accurate. You must specify the wordlist as well (rockyou i.e.). Without it, john goes to brute forcing it by using the single crack mode, which can take ages.

Rooted. A huge thanks to @tachikoma for posting a pretty important blog post about mounting. Learned a lot about sensitive Windows Files !

Type your comment> @gndux said:

I can not mount the image even if it appears on the fdisk, if someone gives me a hand I will thank you very much

How did you try? You can mount any Windows share as a CIFS mount on Linux.

Type your comment> @nspagnola27 said:

Can anyone help me with user? I can’t download the vhd files, whenever I try the connection just drops

no need to download the large files…just try mounting it

Got User without Windows using only ParrotOS.
Towards root!

i could use a little help…
i was able to get into the ***client backups server
found something interesting but unsure what it is.

sounds like there might be more than one way to crack this…
anyway…
any and all hints would be much appreciated thanks !

bastion\administrator

this box is so fun

yes I’m enjoying this box… hey… i think i found a password hash can someone please help me with john or hashcat?
pm please :slight_smile:

Thanks to Joe on HTB Discord for the assistance, got User and Root from Kali (no Win VM required)

There are 2 vhd files! Should i combine them into one? or view them separately?