onetwoseven

Type your comment> @PavelKCZ said:

One thing I would like to know. Is there someone with the OSCP certification ?

How hard or simple is this box compared to boxes which are used during OSCP certification ?

That’s pretty much on the harder end of things I’d say. 80% of the lab boxes are easier that that. Also the exam boxes, which resemble the lab boxes in many ways.

When I try one IP, I’m getting 403 forbidden after tunneling. When I try a diff IP, I get a blank page for the page where you log in (it’ll also inform me if a page doesn’t exist). Can anyone give me a hint? Thanks.

Stuck at the upload part now, getting a OK/200, but nothing happens. Think I got most of the parameters right. Funny that you can see the part that downloads stuff without the ReRu, whereas the part that uploads the ReRu refers to cannot be addressed directly and throws an error.

Considering a reset, but there is still ots-mODVhZTM on the box, too. Are you still working on it?

Also thanks to AzAxIaL, who showed me a new trick…

[solved question about uploading]
If u need help with addon uploading part - feel free to PM me.

Splitting of file XXX failed as it doesn't contain all expected parts 0 1 0

Has anyone encountered this for the privesc? I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong with my R****se. I’m obviously missing something, but I’m not sure what the expected parts are. I guess I’ll check from the real one. Any hint would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Edit: nevermind, I figured this piece out by installing the target OS in a VM and playing with it. The output and logs you can get by being root for a PoC is very useful. Recommending doing this in a VM first.

? Finally got root on this box. Even though the privilege escalation path is quite clear it was still a struggle for days (if not weeks - I did some other machines meanwhile to get a break from this one)… This was frustrating, but this is the way you learn things! Never did such an attack before! Thanks @jkr for this experience!

Hint for PrivEsc: Victim machine does while you go for the PrivEsc command(s) and rebuild that. There is an interesting webpage available describing this attack. Just adopt it!

And don’t forget to TRY HARDER! ?

What a ride guys, loved this box.
My 2 cents for user and root.

User: that username is always the same, how the ■■■■ is generated? try to find a way to understand it and you will be fine.

Root: well, prepare to try again and again, the box wants you to tell her that connections are coming from localhost, find how to do it and once you are in there is only one path to root, it is in front of you once you understand something about “dangerous” permissions.

Keep the good job @jkr !!

Cheers

If your python http server gives 404 on files which you definitely have - consider switching to apache with proxy.py.

Quite annoying but still interesting machine that seeks a lot of steps to complete. Msg me if you get stuck

I’m stuck. I have the S**P credentials from the site, and I’m able to login and upload as I wish, but I can’t seem to run anything beyond the HTML page. I’ve tried all the options in the help menu, but none seem to make any difference on wither the site or S****P.

I know there is an admin page at a higher port, and I’ll need to do some S** tunneling to get to it. but When I try it gives me "This service allows s**p connections only.

What am I missing?

Type your comment> @TheZeroCode said:

I’m stuck. I have the S**P credentials from the site, and I’m able to login and upload as I wish, but I can’t seem to run anything beyond the HTML page. I’ve tried all the options in the help menu, but none seem to make any difference on wither the site or S****P.

I know there is an admin page at a higher port, and I’ll need to do some S** tunneling to get to it. but When I try it gives me "This service allows s**p connections only.

What am I missing?

Your next step is kinda L-ook F-or I-nformation like. Search for the right symbol to the right directory.

Edit: posted in wrong thread

This is one of the best privescs I’ve seen in my life. This box took many days for me to root but it was totally worth it.

PM For hints :slight_smile:

Thx @jkr for your box.
Thx @groganard for user.
Thx @ZerkerEOD for root.
Hack the next…

Hi All,
anyone able to help me with root? Pretty sure I have found the correct attack vector. Just a bit stuck on where to go with it.

I could really use a hand with the upload portion. I’ve reviewed the scripts, and I’m pretty sure I know what I have to do to get my own plugin uploaded. I’m just stuck on how to format the request via B**** S****.

I am getting very angry with the attack vector to get the root flag, I cannot make it work!!!

Hey all.

I finally got root. This is probably the hardest box I’ve done.

This is the first box that I’ve asked people for help and I just want to say that the community has been great. helpful and patient.

I want to thank @avetamine for help getting the upload and @AzAxIaL for help with getting root.

Thanks for a great forum.

Hello guys when i do the port forwarding all pages are blank. What am i doing wrong can someone give me a nudge. TY :slight_smile:

Anyone PM a hint, stuck at s**p, trying to l*nk local dirs, just getting a bunch of 403s