Chatterbox

finally got it, dont kill yourself on priv esc, focus on the file itself

Thanks for the hint, got it… and this is why I love HTB. Hours of researching various way to get to something can be used next time :smiley:

My session keeps getting killed with error message Died from Errno::ECONNRESET before I can do anything. Is that because someone else is on the machine? I tried several payloads already. This one’s the only one that opened a session.

@bianca said:
My session keeps getting killed with error message Died from Errno::ECONNRESET before I can do anything. Is that because someone else is on the machine? I tried several payloads already. This one’s the only one that opened a session.

Happened to me too, google up auto migrating meterpreter sessions. The exploit used will naturally close out the connection unless migrated

I’m having an issue with formation of the payload. How to keep the payload under 730 bytes while avoiding the mentioned characters?

@Kwicster said:

@bianca said:

Happened to me too, google up auto migrating meterpreter sessions. The exploit used will naturally close out the connection unless migrated

Thanks! That did the trick :slight_smile:

This box, is a serious annoying “waste of time”

Finally got the shell to be stable, tried several privesc suggested, no luck. Any hints?

@fatalglitch said:
Finally got the shell to be stable, tried several privesc suggested, no luck. Any hints?

Hmmm… ever wondered if you already had the priv?

Tried to access priv’d file in a few different ways, no luck…

@fatalglitch said:
Tried to access priv’d file in a few different ways, no luck…

pm me

can I pm someone on priv esc? Tried several different things no luck.

@Semtex said:
can I pm someone on priv esc? Tried several different things no luck.

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

Thank you

It is a bind shell?

i can not get stable shell…tried so many times. i found the port, exploit, and payload but every time i get session died on MSF. and i tried to migrate to other running process and did not work i just get Timeout…any advice plz

ps. i run everything after reset :slight_smile:

Use a more basic shell

@unashamedgeek said:
Use a more basic shell

also using metasploit??

I wouldn’t use metasploit exploits.

i tried the python exploit and simple payload,bt i am still stuck strangely :frowning:

what shall i do please. this seems easy box as many have pawned it.