Bastion

Rooted my first box! Amazing box, big up to the creator! I have not used any other OS, except Kali.
PM me if I can help you out!

I just rooted Bastion. This is my second box ever rooting and I found it quite easy but also learned a lot!

Few hints for user:

• You don’t need to download the large **d file. Mount it.
  • Think about where to look for important files in Windows specifically.

Tips for root:

• It definitely makes it a lot easier if you have a Windows VM. I dual boot so I just switched over to my Windows side and it was so much more simpler. Highly recommend.
  • Look for software the doesn’t usually come with Windows

Hope I’m not giving too much away!
With this box I recommend actually learning what is happening instead of just rushing through it to get it done. If you need anymore help shoot me a PM and I’ll be more than happy to assist!

Finally rooted it, it was my first windows box.Enjoyed it.
You guys can PM me if you need some help.

@L4mpje Cool box dude. Nice and easy.

All the hints you might need are likely on this thread…

PM me if you need any assistance. I recommend following your methodology and not skipping your steps. What will trip you up is rushing because you think/know it’s easy.

ROOTED! Got both user and root in Linux

User: brasilian dance! mount and guestmount will let you navigate important Windows files with nautilus.

Root: enumerate! Keep in mind is a realistic scenario and there are many articles about it, if you find something which is not usually installed google it!

This box is not hard, but I’ve really enjoyed it!
Thanks @L4mpje !

PM if you need some hints!

Rooted! This was a really fun box and I look forward to more like it. I could not get SCP to work, so I got a little creative in that part. Thanks to @Joe in the HTB Discord.

I was able to get everything done in Linux minus the obvious part that might require you to install an app.

Finally rooted! Thanks for the hints, had to work hard. On Win-VM.
Learned alot as a noob.
Thanks @L4mpje and hinters!

Quite a fun box - hit a few hurdles because I didnt have libguestfs-tools and cifs-utils installed but with them, it was nice and straightforward. Kali all the way.

Rooted with full pure Linux.

PM me for hints

what to do with those user login credentials without downloading the whole backup file? I’m really stuck on here, any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Type your comment> @CurrentUser said:

what to do with those user login credentials without downloading the whole backup file? I’m really stuck on here, any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe find a service that usually requires authentication and try it with that. I don’t really remember this box but I’d be happy to help in anyway I can if you refresh my memory.

@Phase yeah found that service, another fella gave me a hint. Thank you anyways!

IDK if anyone shared this before, but here is link which can help you mount.

Rooted with kali only, the git script mentioned a few pages before works like a charm.

Hi,

After having a hard time trying to mount what I needed, I got access to the Windows files and now going for enumeration.

No need to download the VHD files.

PP

ROOTED!!! without windows vm… yuppy!

hello everyone!
could use some help with this box! please pm me

@cyberus said:

John works fine (Tested) u probably didnt specify the hash type.
Not accurate. You must specify the wordlist as well (rockyou i.e.). Without it, john goes to brute forcing it by using the single crack mode, which can take ages.

Rooted. A huge thanks to @tachikoma for posting a pretty important blog post about mounting. Learned a lot about sensitive Windows Files !

Type your comment> @gndux said:

I can not mount the image even if it appears on the fdisk, if someone gives me a hand I will thank you very much

How did you try? You can mount any Windows share as a CIFS mount on Linux.

Type your comment> @nspagnola27 said:

Can anyone help me with user? I can’t download the vhd files, whenever I try the connection just drops

no need to download the large files…just try mounting it