Swagshop

1121315171841

Comments

  • Guys, i just rooted the box but there's no hash in root.txt. Only info about the store. Strange?

  • @Kapteyns the hash should be at the top of that file :)

    Just as a hint to help others, to stop you going down a rabbit hole that I have been stuck in the last 24 hours... You don't actually NEED a reverse shell to get root (if that's the method you're going for)...

    Just use your enumeration info to see what you can run and where you can run it... No need to go............. wild (apologies if this is too huge a hint).

  • Nevermind, reset worked ;)

  • @DrLux0r said:

    @Kapteyns the hash should be at the top of that file :)

    Just as a hint to help others, to stop you going down a rabbit hole that I have been stuck in the last 24 hours... You don't actually NEED a reverse shell to get root (if that's the method you're going for)...

    Just use your enumeration info to see what you can run and where you can run it... No need to go............. wild (apologies if this is too huge a hint).

    Exactly! This rabbit hole stuck me for a few hours.

    Show +respect with who helped you out!
    https://www.hackthebox.eu/home/users/profile/61374

  • I am stuck trying to figure out how to get w-d*** to so with v* within the dir that it can for priv esc. I am prompted for a pw every try. Any nudges would be very welcomed, thanks.

  • @sipfurb said:

    I am stuck trying to figure out how to get w-d*** to so with v* within the dir that it can for priv esc. I am prompted for a pw every try. Any nudges would be very welcomed, thanks.

    Pay attention to the grant permission you have. (file and directory) – It is a tiny detail that makes a huge difference.

    Show +respect with who helped you out!
    https://www.hackthebox.eu/home/users/profile/61374

  • I am stuck on getting user on the admin panel. could anyone pm me for some hints for a new guy like myself? would very much appreciate it.

  • Type your comment> @DrLux0r said:
    > I've now successfully rooted and bought myself a shirt! Thanks to @1c4re1337, @jkr and @dorseyhacks :)

    you welcome :) and gg !
  • Hello Guys,I am really stuck at the tunnel error.Could anyone please just pm a hint on how to fix it,I've been at it for two days and it's really annoying

  • Saw what the privesc was in the time it took to type "that" command after landing on the box and have spent longer than I want to admit trying to get a tty but I'm blocked by a password request. Brains just turned to candyfloss at this point.

  • Type your comment> @innerHTML said:

    Saw what the privesc was in the time it took to type "that" command after landing on the box and have spent longer than I want to admit trying to get a tty but I'm blocked by a password request. Brains just turned to candyfloss at this point.

    I went down this hole too. You don't need tty buddy, just keep looking at that command and where you can run it

  • SwagShop completed...
    Can message me for any hints...

  • edited May 2019

    .

    tiger5tyle

  • Too much resets, too much

  • Hints that worked for me:

    USER: I didn't used the tunnel thing. It was easier with another exploit IMHO, only need a little modification to point to the correct site :)
    After that there are a lot of documentacion, I saw a video but the file in the comments broke the server, don't use that, try to download the same file from another part but use the contents of the video to achieve the reverse shell.

    ROOT: With a common enumeration you can get it.

    leonishan

  • too many things are present which obviously out of place.... F_S ex** was there already and for admin you just type in those (f** f**) you found. Rooted and then had to figure out how expliot and M*** C*** worked. Root is sooooo easy that you don't even need any tools, just check you permissions and go for it.

  • edited May 2019

    @Leonishan said:

    Hints that worked for me:

    USER: I didn't used the tunnel thing. It was easier with another exploit IMHO, only need a little modification to point to the correct site :)
    After that there are a lot of documentacion, I saw a video but the file in the comments broke the server, don't use that, try to download the same file from another part but use the contents of the video to achieve the reverse shell.

    ROOT: With a common enumeration you can get it.

    This file corrupts the server because of the first option checked. If you uncheck that, it'll be ok.

    @v01t4ic said:

    too many things are present which obviously out of place.... F_S ex** was there already and for admin you just type in those (f** f**) you found. Rooted and then had to figure out how expliot and M*** C*** worked. Root is sooooo easy that you don't even need any tools, just check you permissions and go for it.

    This!

    Show +respect with who helped you out!
    https://www.hackthebox.eu/home/users/profile/61374

  • Creds on the downloader dashboard doesn't work anymore? Did something happen?
  • any hints on admin login

  • welp, just when i was about to figure out the RCE the box dies, despite being able to ping it :/

  • Type your comment> @sillysecurity said:

    Creds on the downloader dashboard doesn't work anymore? Did something happen?

    They don't because you should know how to get them using exploit.
    'did not work' literally means 'did not work' and someone just used it leaving the creds for others

  • can some1 pm me link for filesystem package, thanks.

  • edited May 2019

    WOW JUST ROOTED AFTER 18 HOURS. Was stuck on priv escalation for the majority of the time. Shutout @lemarkus for the help!
    So much frustration over a " "...... ;)

    Also bought a shirt from the shop! all the stickers were sold out!

    phase

  • I'm really stuck on RCE and could use a nudge. I know I don't really need a tty, i've tried all that i know how to try and googled constantly but i am still new to this. PM me please

  • Got root! Really nice box!
    However, I think I didn't use the intended way for user. If someone with a good understanding of user would like to pm me to discuss it, that would be awesome.
    Root was pretty straightforward, pm me if you need help.

  • Rooted....
    But now i'm getting nightmares of 503's...

    I Love Ice Creams

  • This box was a nice way to ease myself back into HTB. :smile:

    Initial foothold - nice and simple, if you remember it is a very old version of the CMS.

    Rooting took about half an hour longer than it should have because I didn't pay attention to the exact wording as I enumerated. Once you have that, it is seconds.

    TazWake

    Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible!

    Also: https://www.nohello.com/

  • Finally rooted, the machine was very easy, but due to the instability and all the users that cause the 503 it was frustrating on the free server. Tips:
    User - I'ts all about google around exploits, don't stop only on exploitdb, look on youtube, on blogs, there is a lot of material online. (A little tip, if you have problems with the common rev shell, use meterpreter)

    Root: it took me 5 seconds, just do the most common things you do after logging into a machine, no script is ever needed

    Chricatanese46

  • this challenge is extremely frustrating due to the constant 503's, resets, and admin password being changed by others

  • this box gets reset every 5min atleast...

Sign In to comment.