Ellingson

any one help me with getting shell ? ive tried all the reverse shell possibilities, non of them are working.

fail2ban lol

Shoutout to box creator; when you find the way forward lmaoooo

Some of you should spend time learning bout ssh; your default shouldn’t be to “crack all the things” that’s not a methodology; my 2 cents

Well, lets see… I’ve got 4 potential users with a dozen or so permutations per username, and 4 passwords with a bunch of different potential variations of those.

I could enter a couple hundred entries by hand trying them out, or I could automate it.

Hmmmmmmm.

“Maybe be more constructive with your criticism” - hip hop hoppotamus

I have a shell, still trying to get user.txt. Any hint for where to go from here?

Type your comment> @GordonFreeman said:

I have a shell, still trying to get user.txt. Any hint for where to go from here?

some simple enumerate will help. probably even classic scripts can give you what may seem interesting

Yeah I ran 2 enum scripts, found 3 things I could crack, nothing worked for logging in as another new user. Found one interesting binary I couldnt seem to do anything with. I’ll continue scavenging around.

Type your comment

Type your comment> @R4J said:

Well im being flooded on the dm’s, please continue the discussion over here so that everyone can benifit.

So is it the ga***** thing? I’m not good at bi**** ex****. I think that the AS** is not enabled, right?

Type your comment> @sarange said:

Type your comment> @R4J said:

Well im being flooded on the dm’s, please continue the discussion over here so that everyone can benifit.

So is it the ga***** thing? I’m not good at bi**** ex****. I think that the AS** is not enabled, right?

Are you sure? Google how to check if it is enabled or not.

Is the fail2ban thing when enumerating the domain with gobuster or dirsearch? Or am I just having issues with my VPN or other stuff?

@ZerkerEOD said:

Is the fail2ban thing when enumerating the domain with gobuster or dirsearch? Or am I just having issues with my VPN or other stuff?

When i looked at the conf it looked like a lot of jails were enabled, i didn’t verify though;

Type your comment> @zauxzaux said:

@ZerkerEOD said:

When i looked at the conf it looked like a lot of jails were enabled, i didn’t verify though;

Thanks, I think its a mixture of everything. My internet out here sucks so its hard to figure it out lol. 3g Internet FTW lol jk

Spoiler Removed

Type your comment> @sarange said:

Type your comment> @r4j said:

well aslr is enabled and you can check that by looking at /proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space, if it is 2 it means enabled and 0 means disabled.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong in getting the initial shell. I tried with certain scripts and manually but none of them seem to work :\ I’m starting to think there is something wrong with my kali machine… could someone PM me so I can see if i’m doing this the right way?

Type your comment> @Vex20k said:

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong in getting the initial shell. I tried with certain scripts and manually but none of them seem to work :\ I’m starting to think there is something wrong with my kali machine… could someone PM me so I can see if i’m doing this the right way?

Keep in mind that it’s you who’s looking for help. So, noone will probably PM you until you do that yourself. You keep enumerating the website, and if you’ve already found what you need then focus yourself at how the interpreter would appear to be useful in system enumerating.

Got the User…!!

Scratching my head to get the root. I hate binary exploitation.

Can anybody PM me and give me nudge?

Type your comment> @rahul3515 said:

Got the User…!!

Scratching my head to get the root. I hate binary exploitation.

Can anybody PM me and give me nudge?

You better learn basics of reverse engineering and debugging. I don’t think the binary exploitation part requires something much more than basics. So, that’s going to be good for you. Don’t rush, FB’s been already taken. But that’s only an advice, do whatever you like to.