NIbbles

hows everyone getting on with root on this box? -any hints would be nice

@gorias said:
hows everyone getting on with root on this box? -any hints would be nice

Not going to lie, the initial “password guessing” had me in all sorts of wtf, but the priv esc is extremely straightforward.

As previously stated, some basic enumeration will bring up something fishy

That password lol!!! I did got FFS after I logged in .

meh, its easy all about Enumeration

@hartkon said:
This machine retired Blue. Its very easy to get user. Try not to overthink and get a “default” point of view.

tried everything but can’t seem to find what everyone is talking about i have tried not to overthink

any hint for getting root flag ?

I’m on this machine for the last 2 hours now and i’m not able to find anything.
i have already try dirb and dirbuster but cannot find anythings…
Any tips ? It’s so frustrating !

@jugulaire said:

view source, if you don’t see the first hint maybe get a new prescription?

@jugulaire said:

use your current solution and webserver name ****.txt dictionary

This is really frustrating. It is my first maschine and i spent 4 hours on it. looked at so much things: php/bit files, images, dirb, dirbuster for the initial password but could not find it. i don’t know how i should guess it. i also don’t know what htb “deafult” password are… this is really frustrating

you will have probably thought you’ve tried it already. you will have swore you’ve tried it 100 times already. how could have you not have tried it?

finally got access to admin creds, it was really obvious. For guys who are stuck like me, do not get disappointed and keep trying with whatever info you have in hand about the box.

Hey, finally i’ve found what i need. but i’m totally blocked by the root flag. Anybody can give me some hints ? i have of course used LinEnum to find informations.

@jugulaire said:
Hey, finally i’ve found what i need. but i’m totally blocked by the root flag. Anybody can give me some hints ? i have of course used LinEnum to find informations.

If you used LinEnum, you should see that something is not quite right. Also, enumerate directories, look for files that may be useful in some way.

Major Spoiler…!

Look where you have root privilege and use that to get root flag

I’m the only one not able to guess creds to login?

Me to

@0xEDBEEF said:
If you used LinEnum, you should see that something is not quite right. Also, enumerate directories, look for files that may be useful in some way.

Oh dear ! I’ve just missed the primary details ! Get root ! Thanks for help !

#For peoples who need big hint
This VM is all about enumeration, all information you need can be found by this technique.

@nvmb3r said:
I’m the only one not able to guess creds to login?

everything is default.

@macielti said:
Me to
got it… I swear I tried it before …