Ghoul

i think i am very close to user. i have ssh shell.
but i cant read the Im*****t.pdf file.
and i dont know how to download it, please if anyone knows tell me

Finally got root.txt. Great job @MinatoTW & @egre55 that was brutally good. I needed some assistance along the way but I learned probably 4 solid new things during the process. One thing though, this box feels like it should be worth like 80 points after that war I just went through, it is definitely worth taking this box to the end though.

We’re glad you had fun!

Type your comment> @backspace said:

Looking for root… I found the g*** UI… do I need to brute force?

Edit: NVM, no brute force required, the answer is within you…

Anyone with some guidance on this one? I’ve been looking inside-out and can’t for the life of me find anything credential related, only guts&gore inside me :slight_smile:

i have a ssh shell.
but i dont know what i do next to get user.txt
please help PM

Hello, i’v been trying my luck at this box for couple days now and i have some hints but i don’t know how they can relate to each other nor where to “use” them, could someone PM me for a hint, thanks !

I will appreciate if you help me with passphrase. PM
2 hour I can’t find I tried but, but unsuccessful
I found thanks for the help

still stuck!!

please help me i am a Eto user in ssh but i dont know how do i get user.txt
i know about docker,
is there anyone how can help me?

Could you give me hint for root.
I found exploit, but can’t use it

Would anyone be willing to PM me a hint to get into the file upload page. I’ve enumerated everything I can think of. Tried cewl to generate a wordlist and pushed that at it. Is it just a guessing game?

edit - Never mind. someone must have changed the password :frowning:

Could you give me hint for root.
I found exploit, but can’t use it> @whipped said:

Would anyone be willing to PM me a hint to get into the file upload page. I’ve enumerated everything I can think of. Tried cewl to generate a wordlist and pushed that at it. Is it just a guessing game?

edit - Never mind. someone must have changed the password :frowning:

Yip, unfortunately sometimes somebody do it

I am having some issue with the zip, I know what I have to do but I failed every time. Someone can give me a hint?

Holy ■■■■, what a journey! Path to root flag was so ■■■■ long. Hahaha.

Thanks @MinatoTW and @egre55 for a great but holy-■■■■-painful box.

Tips for user:
If you can’t see a path, make one.

Tips for root:
Pivot pivot pivot and ENUMERATE. Like ■■■■, there are so many hints and breadcrumbs all around but they’re spreeaaad ooout. For the very final step, you’re going to have to do a pretty oldschool exploit. :slight_smile:

I stuck with cookies, could you give hint PM?

hello sir,
machine-ghoul
i have user.txt. i am looking for root. i get to know that i have to upload a static nmap into ssh server. but i am having trouble in that , i dont know how but nmap is a dir and whenever i try to use scp to upload it. it uploads as a dir. but i saw in ippsec vaut video that he gives the dir a executable permission.
please tell me commands that i must use. please!!

Can someone give me a hint on how to find the passphrase for the ssh key lol. I’ve been stuck at this for ages.

I spent almost 3 days in total to solve this machine, but I’m happy that I have learnt some new things.

Thank you for creating this painful machine @MinatoTW and @egre55 - please make moar of these machines.

For root flag, some basic but useful advice that you may be bored of hearing;

• monitor processes and file system changes on the machines you get shell
  • enumerate files as much as you can

Good luck.

Thanks guys , glad you liked that challenge.

Type your comment> @MinatoTW said
Thanks guys , glad you liked that challenge.

thanks to you sir, because of you, we learn new things
LOVE FROM INDIA