Hint for HELP

gah! I got user pretty quickly, but this privesc being easy is beyond me haha

edit: got root - I’m a fool

needed a kickstart can anyone PM me please i got su***rt page i dont know what to do next

I am at a loss trying to bypass the file upload filter. I found the creds using the higher port, and is able to login as a user. I can upload files as jpeg or txt and view them. Tried the null byte methodology and other bypass methods. None are working. The file is served up as a jpeg or txt for downloading as opposed to execution!! Any hints specifically on file upload are much appreciated!

Any tips on how to upload the file? I am always getting an error

Type your comment> @R3S3T said:

Any tips on how to upload the file? I am always getting an error

Look at the source code and answer me this: What happens to the files that throw an error? What does the code do with them? Just take your time to understand the code.
DM me if you still can’t get it.

hi, one of you has the next problem, i get it flag of user.txt, but now when upload de script… this not work , i probe one more time and i change of the server, but the problem persit, thanks.

rooted!, i great machine, well the key is a enumeration and you can see very good the paths…

Hi, I am feeling a lot of connection problems (i can access the webpage or ping only for scarce periods of time) in this box, can barely access web page or nmap/gobuster, anyone else feeling this problems?

I got user and root, PM if you need help :slight_smile:

Some tips for this box:

User - enumerate, find exploitable app. don’t let warning messages deter you - check if it’s open source and see what’s going on behind the scenes. be sure to be thorough and double check what/where you’re pointing things, adjust any tools or scripts you find to help with debugging.

Root - guaranteed you’re doing TOO much enumeration, think of one of the most basic things you’d check when popping a shell and google to check status.

Rooted!

Thank you to everyone on the forums, especially @atropos for the help in the PMs. Feel free to PM me for any hints! ~ Rags

All, I am very new and this is my first box. I am pretty stuck on getting user (I’ve read the posts here, Nmap done and see the N*** service on port 3***. I saw the object message, but can’t crack the riddle. Not sure what to do - a nudge would be appreciated.

@ekh @AndreiPintea i use cred with poc (HelpDeskZ < 1.0.2 - (Authenticated) SQL Injection / Unauthorized File Download - PHP webapps Exploit) but it not works,plz help me. 3q

Rooted, very easy box if you need help just pm me

Having trouble getting user - script isn’t working but I understand how it should be working, and what to do. Shoot me a Pm if you can nudge/help =D

Just got root, I am sure there are several ways for both user and root, but I only explored one route for user and one route for root. PM for hints, hope you are following the same route as me. :slight_smile:

i’m trying to get root on this machine. i have downloaded up******44.c exploit and compile it then give it the execute permission. and then after run it i got an error : Invalid argument !! Any suggestion about this error

I’m trying to get user but im stack on “file not allowed” help in msg or here pls

Finally got root.
Thanks to @Chrix87 and @PavelKCZ for helping me, If anyone needs any help feel free to ping me.

Type your comment> @Spidi said:

I’m trying to get user but im stack on “file not allowed” help in msg or here pls

just ignore the msg.

have seen the most comments,finally rooted. and i want to know how to get the credentials from 3*** port, ping me pls(thirsty to learn).

Type your comment> @Spidi said:

Don’t always trust the system. Check out its source code and what it actually does when you upload.