Bastion

I have the V** file m*****d, I’ve gotten the credentials. I did not see the user flag anywhere though, and I can’t get the creds to work anywhere. Would appreciate a bump.

I was able to get in ( root then user ) thanks to an insecure configuration file. However, I think that I probably missed some alternative ways to get in the box. Would someone possibly be willing to help me understand alternative methods if there are any?

Rooted ! :smiley:
But I want someone doing this machine without using a Windows VM, Juste linux.
I hope IppSec will see this comment :+1:

If spoiler, Please feel free to remove.

The last step to get root, I developed a small software to help you solve it without using Windows, Open-Sourced here: Link Hidden

Download the release, and run it according to README.

REMOVED

@kmahyyg said:

The last step to get root, I developed a small software to help you solve it without using Windows, Open-Sourced here: Link Hidden

@trodix check here.

the vhd operation can be done without using windows. just use guestmount and s*******t .

This is my second box. Learned a lot from it! Just realized that the R**y scripts are not working when I decided to read this forum. Finally decided to use “THE” portable app to own the root. Did anyone get root without running the app? I’d like to know more.

Should anyone need help, PM me and I’m very willing to guide you without spoiling the fun.

Type your comment> @kmahyyg said:

@kmahyyg said:

@trodix check here.

the vhd operation can be done without using windows. just use guestmount and s*******t .

I’ve tried this before using windows, but the command returned me some error relative to my mounted smb path, so I gived up and I tried windows next

someone can help me for the root.txt in PM?
ok user.txt but in S** file admin is dis****d

Type your comment> @trodix said:

Type your comment> @kmahyyg said:

@kmahyyg said:

@trodix check here.

I’ve tried this before using windows, but the command returned me some error relative to my mounted smb path, so I gived up and I tried windows next

I met the same error. So I use qemu-nbd and mount -t cifs instead.

Is all this vhd talk necessary for root or user?

Type your comment> @FlompyDoo said:

Just for the user, and you def don’t need to grab the gigantic files outright to have them locally to work with. Kali/samba has been sufficient. Still attempting to figure out the proper way forward w/o launching a windows VM.
Because it wounds me. Deeply.

just rooted the box! if anyone needs help feel free to pm!

Type your comment> @isildur21 said:

Type your comment> @FlompyDoo said:

Just for the user, and you def don’t need to grab the gigantic files outright to have them locally to work with. Kali/samba has been sufficient. Still attempting to figure out the proper way forward w/o launching a windows VM.
Because it wounds me. Deeply.

I think it can be done, but will take some time to get it working. I tried for a couple hours and finally gave up and spun a windows VM.

i am still stuck with nmap output and enumerating each and every port from past few hours. But till now i didn’t get and positive output. Am i on right track?

got access to smb files and i mounted it locally to access it again and again. got those vhd files too

Hi, dis anyone faced the issue, when trying to mount the image,but it said: “Failed to get write lock”?

even i am struggling to mount the image file

i get user creds but i don’t know what port to connect
i tryied in w**rm but wrong login can any one help me EDIT : got user

GOT USER :heart: