Bastion

when i try add this vhd in VirB**, i got this:
"error VERR_NET_OPERATION_NOT_SUPPORTED opening image file '/run/user/1000/gvfs/s**-share:server=10.10.10.134,share=back
/WindowsImageB
*****/L4mpje-PC/Back** 2019-02-22 124351/*********-369e-11e9-a17c-806e6f6e6963.vhd’"

can any helpme???
thx

Can somehow give me a nudge on mounting the VHD in Linux? I know it’s probably easier to do in Windows but I’d rather learn how to do it properly on Linux. I’ve tried using the mount program and guestmount but they won’t do anything. Am I supposed to somehow browse the VHD in the smb shell?

Stuck in mounting the vhd on linux
Is there anybody who can tell me?

@L4mpje Thanks for this box, this was a great experience !
Not hard, not easy, but definitely a realistic experience, I can’t wait to see what would be your next creation

Type your comment> @MalwareCat said:

Can somehow give me a nudge on mounting the VHD in Linux? I know it’s probably easier to do in Windows but I’d rather learn how to do it properly on Linux. I’ve tried using the mount program and guestmount but they won’t do anything. Am I supposed to somehow browse the VHD in the smb shell?

Send me a PM with the command you used. Let’s see what went wrong :wink: I managed to get them mounted in Linux without any hassle…

Very interesting box! Got user and root! Thanks to the creator :slight_smile:

I tried using both Linux and Windows and I’ve to say it, with a Windows machine it is more simpler thant with kali.
And it was a good chance to test the famous commando VM, if some is interested here you can find some information about it:

About the VM, here some tips:

• User: it’s just about basic enumeration on a famous vulnerable Windows protocol
  • Root: as told before, enumerate well the system and you will find something juice that you don’t have in a standard Windows machine. Google about it and boom, you will got the solution :wink:

PM me if you need any assistance!

looking for help in rooting, been stuck for hours
e: nvm rooted

Don’t get so stuck in HASHLAND that you forget the stuff you enumerated early on… lol wasted a few hours this way…

I have got the user and I can connect to the machine and see the vulnerable application, I have found how to exploit that vulnerability but to run the exploit I need a session in meterpreter and this is where I am giving problems, from msfconsole if I convert the one I do with the ssh does not convert and I do not know what to do anymore, if I upload a back door to execute it from the session ssh does not connect me either, someone who can send me a private please do not know what I do not do well
I also got the ruby file and I copied the file to my computer but it gives me an error when I pass the ruby command

Type your comment> @wish said:

I scan the box…found open ports and two smb shares…also brutforce ADM** share but not lucky…am in in right direction or i am missing something…

Finally…rooted very good box. Thanks @L4mpje for such a great box. Thanks @IgorLB

Anyone willing to PM me on this final step?? I’m using the common method from the application itself but i’m getting decryption errors; wanna bounce some troubleshooting off someone

I went almost straight to user and now quite stuck on root. I have something that looks really promising, I just can’t get it right!

Anyone willing to help, please PM me.

Edit: rooted, no need to PM me (unless you would like a hint, of course) :smiley:

Hello, I am struggling pretty bad with all the easiest boxes and I am losing my will…Can anyone tell me if I am wasting my time brute forcing SSH? I am pretty stumped on what to do next. Help would be greatly appreciated.

i have gotten a few hints but am still unable to find a clear path to root … i know that m*******G is the path but just cant figure it out … if anyone can help please PM thx!

Just rooted. Running this root in a Windows VM or machine makes it pretty straightforward. Not actually sure if there is a way from a Linux box. No cracking needed fyi

Some one cam PM me how they have got credentials for root user. i have got through windows. any one have done through linux.
i have done till the file which has decrypted passwords but unable to get password. so i have to switch my box to widows for password…

Box was Awesome. Learned alot from box…

Type your comment> @crash44 said:

Hello, I am struggling pretty bad with all the easiest boxes and I am losing my will…Can anyone tell me if I am wasting my time brute forcing SSH? I am pretty stumped on what to do next. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Everything was already said in this forum. Read it all again and if you are still stuck, ping me and I will help you.

hello i need some help can some of you guys pm …i have mount smb in my kali but i have trouble to mount localy the vhd …i have try in my windows but the openvpn its not working to connect to the box
thanks a lot

Type your comment> @algorithm said:

hello i need some help can some of you guys pm …i have mount smb in my kali but i have trouble to mount localy the vhd …i have try in my windows but the openvpn its not working to connect to the box
thanks a lot

What is the command you used for mounting the vhd in Kali? PM me…

Spoiler Removed