Root hint for HELP

Hello,
I tried to use exploits number 442X8 and 54X10 (X’s are a number), first one does give me the console output
“task_struct = …

spawning root shell”
But i see no root shell.
And second exploit doesn’t even print anything.

Can I get some help with this? thanks.

@YanTayga said:
Please, use Hint for HELP - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums

I felt that topic was aimed towards the early steps, a lot of people talked and not a lot about root. So i considered creating another topic for root part.

root was easy. so not much people discussed.

@sesha569 said:

Being it easy or not does not help me. I am seeking for help, “root was easy” does not help…

@Async said:

@sesha569 said:

Being it easy or not does not help me. I am seeking for help, “root was easy” does not help…

If you see in the forum someone has typed that password or text in the previous thread. Look carefully and enumerate littlebit. if you need more help PM me.

wohoo…finally rooted…root is seriously simple, just have to find the correct exploit for your Linux kernel and you will get a root. What makes me crazy is getting user part. To upload the web shell is very tricky. NC + google is your good friend here. btw I dont have to know the credentials for the web app. you just need to find the way to upload your shell and get a listen back.

a little bit of enumeration shows the kernel version, googling will show some interesting things.

Google actually finds you a link where someone is describing step-by-step what needs to be done with the kernel exploit… With screenshots :smiley:

Ping me if you are stuck.

btw the kernel exploit’s number is different from those you mentioned in your first comment :wink:

Thanks to the help of @pkaiser I was able to own root! If anyone has any question feel free to PM me!