Bastion

I’m ready to root it I’m just need to setup a new vm… while I’m waiting… if you’re lazy … check out woanware’s repositories… https://hashkiller.co.uk/ is a great site for lazies… also to avoid a rabbit hole does anyone know what the most secure password is for a windows computer on a network and why?

Very good box, I liked it!

User: Do not get complicated looking for tools, you do not need them and you do not need to download the files either. A well-known open source emulator has command line to mount files and explore. Now … what do you have to look for? What would you be interested if you could have all the read permissions in a Linux system? That protected and much desired file = P

Root: Look at the applications that the system has. If any of them seems suspicious, look for information on how it works and how you can benefit from it.

Guys, I’m sorry for my English.

PM if u need help :slight_smile:

Thank you @L4mpje =D

rooted, great box, loved the way to get admin password.

Rooted the machine after a whole day. It’s really interesting way to find the root creds and I learned a lot from it. Thank you so much for creating this machine, @L4mpje

Type your comment> @krack3n said:

Rooted the machine after a whole day. It’s really interesting way to find the root creds and I learned a lot from it. Thank you so much for creating this machine, @L4mpje

Hi, I have been trying to get the root. May i have some hints on how to get it. i went thru alllthe programs and founded open***-***64 . totally lost right now. your help is appreciated. Thanks

F15hS1x maybe look at 32bit programs :wink:

Can someone guide me with the box? It’s my 2nd box and i am stuck on smbclient … :confused:

Thanks @L4mpje for this box. I really enjoyed it. I have just rooted, User was quite straight forward if you have SMB enumeration as part of your initial methodology. I did use a windows VM in order to get User.

Root: I always check installed programs and Google… I’m interested if anyone used a tool to get the required information for root as I couldn’t get it to work. I did also use a Windows VM to get root too… I know some people haven’t but I did…

Great box, thanks @L4mpje! And thanks @cyberus for hints.

Finally rooted. Big thanks to @cyberus for the pointers. Thanks to @L4mpje for the box. Learned new tools and techniques.

Idk if i understand mounting. You guys said you can mount the file but when i did that its still extremely slow to load. Is that the same for everyone else?

if anyone has rooted the box and has some pointers in the right direction dm me id be greatfull, thanks

Type your comment> @0Citadel0 said:

if anyone has rooted the box and has some pointers in the right direction dm me id be greatfull, thanks

Check what applications are installed on the server. There is at least one, which is somehow different than the others. Google it to find out nice & simple vulnerability in it. You will however need a Windows VM (or friend’s laptop with Windows installed) to get what you’re looking for. I actually found a step-by-step “manual” telling me, what needs to be done and how to do it. It is well known vulnerability in the application and people are putting guides all over the internet. Look for the newer posts (not for posts from 2011 etc.).

Let me know if I can help you. If I said too much, please remove this post …

Does someone mind me PMing them and giving me a nudge in the right direction after I have explained what I’ve done so far. I’m pretty sure I’m about to get user.txt but I’m not entirely sure.

@L4mpje Thank you for box, not hard but still a lot of fun… New box

when i try add this vhd in VirB**, i got this:
"error VERR_NET_OPERATION_NOT_SUPPORTED opening image file '/run/user/1000/gvfs/s**-share:server=10.10.10.134,share=back
/WindowsImageB
*****/L4mpje-PC/Back** 2019-02-22 124351/*********-369e-11e9-a17c-806e6f6e6963.vhd’"

can any helpme???
thx

Can somehow give me a nudge on mounting the VHD in Linux? I know it’s probably easier to do in Windows but I’d rather learn how to do it properly on Linux. I’ve tried using the mount program and guestmount but they won’t do anything. Am I supposed to somehow browse the VHD in the smb shell?

Stuck in mounting the vhd on linux
Is there anybody who can tell me?

@L4mpje Thanks for this box, this was a great experience !
Not hard, not easy, but definitely a realistic experience, I can’t wait to see what would be your next creation

Type your comment> @MalwareCat said:

Can somehow give me a nudge on mounting the VHD in Linux? I know it’s probably easier to do in Windows but I’d rather learn how to do it properly on Linux. I’ve tried using the mount program and guestmount but they won’t do anything. Am I supposed to somehow browse the VHD in the smb shell?

Send me a PM with the command you used. Let’s see what went wrong :wink: I managed to get them mounted in Linux without any hassle…