Bastion

Iam also struggling to find the software Iam using win10 if this helps

Just got root. Thanks @L4mpje for this realistic box <3
Here are some hints without spoiling much…
User: you dont need to download that vhd, it’s possible to browse it over the same network. google ftw :wink: what will you do if you can view windows files? poke the hen? if that doesnt work then check your nmap scans.

root: root is easy than user. check newly installed stuffs and google again, you’ll get root within seconds :slight_smile:

Enjoyed this one, bit easeh, but yea i guess its good for beginners

Really liked the way to user, gonna continue to root. Thanks @L4mpje

Any hints on what I am looking for in the VHD files… ssh keys? creds?

was Bastion down and too slow with everyone or just Me face this issue

@FinalSynapse said:
Got user, you don’t need to download GBs of files, you don’t need a Windows VM.

Need help with getting root, any nudges would be appreciated.

I send you a PM

Type your comment> @cbx said:

I’m struggling to find the “software” able to browse the .vhd files mentioned… Any hint??
Thanks!

Same, I can’t find anything on it. I can’t even download anything without getting timed out

Can someone PM me for a hint? I’ve enumerated the ports and worked through the VHD. Not sure what I’m missing.

Any hint for root? earlier commends suggested it was simple but i have not found any easy wins.

Machine owned. Actually it was simple, but I lost several hours trying to decrypt one thing, because I did not want to use one small tool downloaded from Net.

Type your comment> @B3LL4T0R said:

Type your comment> @cbx said:

I’m struggling to find the “software” able to browse the .vhd files mentioned… Any hint??
Thanks!

Same, I can’t find anything on it. I can’t even download anything without getting timed out

zzzzzzzip.

I love this box. Someone may say “Actually it was simple”. But the key is WAS.
When you only start playing it is not yet simple and it is hard when you dont know the solution and will be hard until you type root.txt

It is more pleasant for me to play more simple box.
After hard box I feel myself tired after spending several hours or even days days in hard reserches.
But after this lovely box I feel myself fun and ready to new actions and have several free hours for dancing and singing! Cool!))

I would like to know if there is someone who actually DID NOT used one small utility at the end of all things.
If you did it without the small utility, PM me please with your solution.

Type your comment> @PavelKCZ said:

I would like to know if there is someone who actually DID NOT used one small utility at the end of all things.

I confirm that I did not use small utility at the end. But I used official installer of big utility)

Can someone pm me, how to work with .vhd, pls?

dunno, I simply downloaded the bigger one :slight_smile:

nice box. getting user and root was fun.

I could use a nudge on what software to use for remote browsing the VHD please