Bastion

hey is the .vhd a rabbit hole i keep getting booted trying to grab it any suggestions?

hi… can someone guide… I believe that i am playing with rabit holes today only

i can only get one of the vhd files the other results in a timeout

did someone identify the xml files could this be part of an actual backup software ?

It was a fun machine. I think having a windows vm is pretty important. It will save you loots of time

Hello everybody,

Some people did send me a pm about the vhd files. It is fair to everyone that I will say this here aswell, so everybody can read it.

There is NO NEED to download the vhd files. However, you could do that. There are tools that will let you navigate/browse through vhd files remotely, over the network. This will let you grab just the things you need.

About the machine:
I tried to create a realistic scenario and I think it succeeded. Got alot of positive feedback so far, thank you guys.

Cheers,
L4mpje

Type your comment> @morph3 said:

It was a fun machine. I think having a windows vm is pretty important. It will save you loots of time

Agree. Wasted quite a lot of time here.

Well, I must say that download more than 5gig .vhd seems a bit strange :slight_smile:

Stuck now ive got access to the vhd files, a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated!

Did someone remove the .vhd file?

Must say, one of the first machines I have done… Really enjoyed every minute and learnt a few new things as well!

@L4mpje Amazing!

Got user, you don’t need to download GBs of files, you don’t need a Windows VM.

Need help with getting root, any nudges would be appreciated.

I’m struggling to find the “software” able to browse the .vhd files mentioned… Any hint??
Thanks!

Type your comment> @cbx said:

I’m struggling to find the “software” able to browse the .vhd files mentioned… Any hint??
Thanks!

Check your inbox

@Xess
Yo can you nudge me also, tnx!

Iam also struggling to find the software Iam using win10 if this helps

Just got root. Thanks @L4mpje for this realistic box <3
Here are some hints without spoiling much…
User: you dont need to download that vhd, it’s possible to browse it over the same network. google ftw :wink: what will you do if you can view windows files? poke the hen? if that doesnt work then check your nmap scans.

root: root is easy than user. check newly installed stuffs and google again, you’ll get root within seconds :slight_smile:

Enjoyed this one, bit easeh, but yea i guess its good for beginners

Really liked the way to user, gonna continue to root. Thanks @L4mpje

Any hints on what I am looking for in the VHD files… ssh keys? creds?