Friendzone - HackTheBox

Iā€™ve dug up some info during my enum but Iā€™m having trouble connecting to any of it. I suspect Iā€™m doing something wrong with the r*****.c***. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Anyone any tips for the right path (LFI)?

Iā€™m going to be brutally honest here. I read all the forum plus some extra studies as well. Started to work on this box 2 weeks ago, daily 1 hours and I got nowhere. I know that a lot of you fine gentleman are up to help anyone. I am new to HTB, did a few metaspoilable, etc and if you guys tell me, that this is an easy box, than I will have no choice but to change career.
Enumerated, got the c###.txt with admin: Wā€¦ I canā€™t find any haha[whatever] page, did like 15 types of dns enum. HOW?!
Please drop me a lifeline here, I am desperate, I nearly broke my laptop in halfā€¦

After 2 days of struggle, Found the page which says Admin page is not developed yet !!! check for another one but still not able to find anything useful. Can anyone please send hints via. PM?

Help pm plss

Finally rooted :slight_smile:

rooted! Thanks, @ghost0437 @tehmoon for all your help :smiley:

Iā€™m really stuck. I found the user credentials. Unable to root the box.
Tried the cron jobs but no luck. Any hint would be appreciated.

Hi guysā€¦ Iā€™m doing my nut over rootā€¦ Quite disheartening reading how easy it seems to be, I know whats going on and what iā€™d like to achieve and what files are writeable in what directories etcā€¦ I just canā€™t seem to achieve what I want to achieve, I have never come across this type of thing before, so iā€™m completely lost. A push would be appreciated if anyone can lend a hand?

hahahah!! As alwaysā€¦ I end up sending a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  message and I crack itā€¦ Sortedā€¦ r00t dance!!!

Can someone please pm me for hint on LFI for HaHa page? Enumerated the ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of it and still stuck.

Hi,
I found c***.txt, enumerated port 53, also did d**, but not sure where next.
To whom can I DM for small hints?
Thanks

Type your comment> @Thms84 said:

Iā€™m going to be brutally honest here. I read all the forum plus some extra studies as well. Started to work on this box 2 weeks ago, daily 1 hours and I got nowhere. I know that a lot of you fine gentleman are up to help anyone. I am new to HTB, did a few metaspoilable, etc and if you guys tell me, that this is an easy box, than I will have no choice but to change career.
Enumerated, got the c###.txt with admin: Wā€¦ I canā€™t find any haha[whatever] page, did like 15 types of dns enum. HOW?!
Please drop me a lifeline here, I am desperate, I nearly broke my laptop in halfā€¦

Kind of in the same boat. Everyone here is talking about doing a z*** t******* but nothing Iā€™m doing is working. Even the Ippsec video people are talking about isnā€™t helping.

Can someone help with HaHa page. I am stuck > @Yohnny said:

Can someone please pm me for hint on LFI for HaHa page? Enumerated the ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of it and still stuck.

I am on the same side.
Any hints via PM would be appreciated.

iā€™m now logged in ssl mode .
any Hint for the next steps to get out .

hi allā€¦i have read all the posts hereā€¦helps me a lot to get to a pointā€¦but now i m stuck on the absolute path(Lfi) to rce ā€¦try many things but no luckā€¦Pm for some extra helpā€¦

hi, someone that I help me with dns enumeration, I am beginner

A little lost at where to begin - a nudge would be great - or a full on aggressive hint would be appreciated too through DM.
First I thought I should attack via SMB, but now Iā€™m thinking SSH might be the correct vector.
Iā€™m completely lost at the moment. Help please!!

Hack The Box

Thanks @limbernie on page 6. I did my ā€œenumā€ again, on South American dance techniques :wink: & saw the clue I needed desperately.

Rooted. Thanks @IgorLB , @cyberus , @goetia for hints.
It was interesting journey. Special thanks to machine maker @askar